4th Annual Food Plot Prep Picture Thread

Triple C

Well, I am starting to get that itch!!! How are the brassica's looking Triple C? They out of the ground yet? Have you gotten much rain?

Yep! Got little over 3 inches of rain out of Irma that really helped jump start the forage radish and turnips. Took this pick at the farm this weekend.
Bean Field Brassicas.jpg

Brassicas.jpg

Planted grains and clover yesterday and this morning. I'm worn out! Planted winter wheat, Buck Forage Oats, Regal Graze Ladino clover and Durana clover.
South end bean field.jpg

IMG_4144.jpg

IMG_4126.jpg

Ran out of radish n turnips a couple of weeks ago in this plot. Planted winter wheat in bare spot this morning.
IMG_4140.jpg

Got one plot left to plant and if we get rain later this week I'll plant it next weekend.

Last edited:

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Looking good Triple C! Nice to see a little green!!! I'm getting itchy now too!!!

Canuck5

Looks like we have a spell of dry weather, in middle Georgia, over the next 2 weeks, but the temps are going to start cooling off.

Doolydawg03

Looks like we have a spell of dry weather, in middle Georgia, over the next 2 weeks, but the temps are going to start cooling off.

I noticed this was planning on planting next weekend but may have to wait for rain.....Hopefully not a repeat of last year

Canuck5

Hope not either ...... I'm going to wait a little while longer.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Hope not either ...... I'm going to wait a little while longer.
I am waiting until the last weekend in Sept. Cooler temps expected and rain should start shortly afterwards.

Canuck5

I am waiting until the last weekend in Sept. Cooler temps expected and rain should start shortly afterwards.

Ok, I am taking your word for it and writing this down! :D

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Glad I got mine in just before Irma came through. Everything was up last weekend. No pics because they all just came up. I won't be back down there until next weekend and I expect I'll have a verdant emerald carpet everywhere. Or should I say I "suspect" I'll have a verdant emerald carpet everywhere?:bounce:

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Glad I got mine in just before Irma came through. Everything was up last weekend. No pics because they all just came up. I won't be back down there until next weekend and I expect I'll have a verdant emerald carpet everywhere. Or should I say I "suspect" I'll have a verdant emerald carpet everywhere?:bounce:
You should have a great start. Hope we continue to get rain for everyone that has already planted. Looks like at least 10 days before any rain in my little slice of heaven.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Food plot

This is a plot we planted Labor Day in middle ga , Oats , wheat , and iron clay peas , filled feeder up same day and haven't been back , built a couple scare crows to try and keep turkey out , that's my 2 hunting partners dad and daughter with Billy , my daughter named him , hopefully Irma didn't do him to bad !

Attachments

• IMG_4624.jpg
    IMG_4624.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 664

1gr8bldr

Testing, picture upload. Some will load and others not. Pic is of a 2+ acre clover field that I covered in straw. I have a thread in another forum [on topic questions] about posting pic issues so if you have solutions, please respond there and keep this thread mostly pics

Attachments

• 20170920_181451.jpg
    20170920_181451.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 664

Canuck5

T.P. does like pichers! Keep them coming!

Canuck5

Looking good!!!! But, my apologies, again, a major drought is headed our way, since I am planting this weekend.

GAGE

GONetwork Member
Finished 2 more last weekend, and hope to knock out 3 this weekend, which leaves 2 left.