trees/power line

wildcats

Have several trees growing into the power line from pole at street to my home. I do not want to try and tackle this on my own.
Will the power company trim these or since its running from pole to meter its on me?

GoldDot40

Have several trees growing into the power line from pole at street to my home. I do not want to try and tackle this on my own.
Will the power company trim these or since its running from pole to meter its on me?

Have to just call the power co. They will come out and assess the situation and order a right-of-way trim/clear if it needs it. I used to work for Asplundh about 20 years ago and we'd have to do this sort of thing all the time. All of our cutting was for GA Power utility runs.

NOYDB

BANNED
What matters is what will your power co, do now. Call them and ask. Try several times. Phone operators may not actually work for the company.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Call the local office of your power supplier and explain the problem. They should take care of it.

Don`t try to take this on yourself.

Anvil Head

One would think they'd have liability to the meter at least, unless buried then it becomes a "call before you dig" issue. Either way best call.

The mtn man

Power companies do not usually trim secondaries (lines from transformer to house)

This, they don't trim the triplex around here, just the primary.

biggsteve

Gone But Not Forgotten
tell 'em that kids are climbing the trees and are swinging on the wires.

they know it's a lie, but they'll act fast, just in case.

trust me, with over 35 years in the business........

treemanjohn

Banned
Power companies do not usually trim secondaries (lines from transformer to house)

Correct. Occasionally EMC's will do it. The service wire is heavily insulated and is rarely a problem. Tell them you THINK you saw it throwing sparks because of the trees. Then they'll be on their way with a pole saw

sghoghunter

I work with an EMC down in south ga and if we get a call we will either trim or top out bushes or trees to where you can cut or we will drop the service so you can cut whatever you want.