Additive / attractant for deer

I was told there is a mixture of ground peanut and shells mixed with something sweet that is ground very fine that rally brings the animals out. it is apparently ground very fine and sold in bulk. have you heard of this?

Thanks,

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Haven't heard about that product,but rice bran gets the deer using new trough feeders

shdw633

I did a test on rice bran, regular corn and corn with a persimmon scent additive and they ate the rice bran totally gone before they would even touch any of the corn. After that was gone they went to the regular corn and finally the corn with the persimmon scent dusted on it. The problem I have with rice bran is finding it in larger sizes. I usually have to pick up the 5 pound sizes as Walmart to add to the corn. I would love to find a place that sells it in the 50 pound size in the Central/Southern Georgia area.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I did a test on rice bran, regular corn and corn with a persimmon scent additive and they ate the rice bran totally gone before they would even touch any of the corn. After that was gone they went to the regular corn and finally the corn with the persimmon scent dusted on it. The problem I have with rice bran is finding it in larger sizes. I usually have to pick up the 5 pound sizes as Walmart to add to the corn. I would love to find a place that sells it in the 50 pound size in the Central/Southern Georgia area.

I buy mine at Manchester feed and seed
706-846-3101
They will order it for you if they don't have it.
It would give you an excuse to visit me and Canuck5 in Talbot C0.

shdw633

I buy mine at Manchester feed and seed
706-846-3101
They will order it for you if they don't have it.
It would give you an excuse to visit me and Canuck5 in Talbot C0.

That's really not a bad idea. My camp is in Eastman so it's not that far away and I can just pre-order enough and then take a weekend to run over there, get a chance to see you guys and pick it up!! I'll let you know when I get ready to do that!

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
That's really not a bad idea. My camp is in Eastman so it's not that far away and I can just pre-order enough and then take a weekend to run over there, get a chance to see you guys and pick it up!! I'll let you know when I get ready to do that!

Let us know ahead of time and we might can catch a meal together..

Stroker

I get mine at Tractor Supply located on Ivey Drive in Macon.

Stroker

I get my rice bran at Tractor Supply on Ivey Drive in Macon. I think it's a 40 lb bag.

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !

Forest Grump

Did somebody say "meal"? :biggrin2:

He said "together"; he didn't say he was buying...:D

In fact, he referred to "catching" a meal, which might mean y'all're having frog legs, ... or coyote...hmmm...

:biggrin2:

Canuck5

In fact, he referred to "catching" a meal, which might mean y'all're having frog legs, ... or coyote...hmmm...

I'm good at supervision! Not so good at catching any more! LOL!!!! :D

shdw633

I'd definitely be all in for some frog legs!! Wouldn't even mind the whole "catching" part as well!! :cool:

Canuck5

I'd definitely be all in for some frog legs!! Wouldn't even mind the whole "catching" part as well!! :cool:

Been a while, since I've had a mess of frog legs!!!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmm