turkey huntin chair question

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
What's up fine folks!!??

Do any of y'all use "turkey huntin chairs"
A friend and I are bringin my healthy 80 yr old neighbor on a weeks trip for turkey this spring.
My awesome neighbor walks good and gets outta a regular chair good.
I'd like to hook him up with something better than sittin on the ground and even more so GETTIN UP from off the ground!
I know there's low profile huntin chairs out there. But I don't know anything about them.
Just got done lookin at cabela's and they had cabela's brand turkey huntin chair regular, and big man. Price looks fine. I could buy one and have it shipped to my friends house fine but then the reveiws were NOT good. Seems like the cabela's brand chairs are falling apart on a lotta folks even on their first hunt!

So what do y'all use and like?
Thanks!
And good luck to y'all!!!!

Dupree

I have two made by alps outdoors. We don’t really turkey hunt out of them, but deer hunt out of them regularly. I have a regular and a big man one. I think I’ve had them 4 years and they have help up well. If they broke tomorrow I’d buy them again, because with the cheaper ones they usually break after a few uses.

sea trout

Alps! Ok thanks man!
Hope I get a pic after that younin blast a 410 shell this spring!

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I like the self supporting stadium seat style seat that folds up inside the vest.
When I find a tree that is wider than my shoulders than it usually has so much root flair that I have to lean too far back to be comfortable with shooting across my toes.
And if i'm laying way back I have more trouble shooting to my off side.
I find the support of those stadium seats invaluable.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
I have the cabelas chair, I can't imagine it falling apart. It's a great chair but it's too heavey. There's no reason for a low style bag chair to be 10 pounds. It's ridiculous. If I had to do it over I'd just get a random amazon one.

turkeykirk

I think I have more trouble getting up out of those low profile. chairs than I do off the ground.
In fact, I usually have ta flop over on my side onto the ground anyway.
At my age, I look like a turtle trying to turn over, when I get up off the ground. :biggrin3: F999E578-A5CD-4B10-A01F-5CB027EFFFAA.gif

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I picked up a Browning Strutter MC chair off Amazon on sale and use it for deer, turkey, and sitting by the fire. It's comfortable and holds my 250 pound self.

sea trout

I picked up a Browning Strutter MC chair off Amazon on sale and use it for deer, turkey, and sitting by the fire. It's comfortable and holds my 250 pound self.
Thanks rooster I was looking at that too.
That and the alps that depree mentioned are both the same chair so that's good that y'all both like them

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I like my millennium chair and my hammock chair. Those “Turkey” chairs aren’t made for old fat fellas. I look like that turtle getting out of one.

The danger of the hammock chair is it sleeps good if you sit too long. :bounce:

crucible02

I looked at the Mossy Oak ones at Walmart the other day and that thing was crazy comfortable and surprisingly lightweight. It has a mesh back and seat so you won't get hot in it. I have one from Academy that I've had several years and its comfy but heavy and hot. Im planning to go back and get the Walmart chair. For $30, its worth it to me.

Dean

I carry one of the low profile lounger chairs, I do like them because of the backrest and gets me just above the ground. As others posted, not easiest to stand-up out of sitting position, and more than likely be challenging for an 80 yr old without a helping hand.....maybe look into the 3 leg (tripod) folding stools (even child size) , your neighbor will be a bit more visible and no backrest, but probably easier to sit down/get up if ya'll are doing some running and gunning....

JHannah92

Check out the Low Down seat. Same folks as the Hammock Seat but newer model. You can't beat it for comfort. Look up Fanatic Outdoors.