Taurus Pistol Reliability

GA native

I have a G2 9mm. I have fed it several hundreds rounds of the cheapest stuff on the shelves. Mostly Blazer fmj's. Not a single ftf or fte. Easy to break down and clean. Easy to adjust the rear sight. MOA of pie plate out to 15 yards.

I won't hesitate to recommend it.

GoldDot40

I have a G2 9mm. I have fed it several hundreds rounds of the cheapest stuff on the shelves. Mostly Blazer fmj's. Not a single ftf or fte. Easy to break down and clean. Easy to adjust the rear sight. MOA of pie plate out to 15 yards.

I won't hesitate to recommend it.
Same here. Probably over 1000 rounds through mine so far. I've ALWAYS preferred Sig over most anything...but I dig this little PT111G2.

B. White

PT940 is solid. No issues and never a jam.
24/7 .45 had a few issues the first few rounds, but none since.
PT111 G2 bought for my wife. No issues when first shot, but after the first cleaning had FTE every round. I have a new recoil spring assy on order to try. I don't think it is cheap ammo. It is Remington, and the other models shoot anything I put in them.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I've got a gen 1 pt140 millennium pro. Got it new about 12 years ago. I couldn't even count how many rounds it has had through it. The slide is rusted all to heck from gator hunting in the salt marsh and not cleaning it good. Never had an issue, and has always worked perfectly,but I rarely keep it loaded due to the pending lawsuit.

Bob Wallace

I've had several Taurus in the past including 2 PTs. One in 9 and one in 40. Both blew the recoil assembly through the front of the slide. Had to deal with customer service and that was a nightmare. The only good Taurus pistols IMO are the older model 85 revolvers and the older PT 92s

I just don't trust Taurus pistols, myself. There are too many proven ones for just a few more bucks.

I don't either..i had a TCP 380 that was such a piece of garbage I actually threw it in the trash can when leaving the range one day!!..Garbage and that's where it belonged.

You can buy eight Tauri

I must have bought a good one, we ran 100 rounds threw it yesterday.....and I called it solid. Can't really beat it for $199

found this in Guns and ammo mag

Taurus 709 SLIM:
Taurus_709_Slim
Type: Striker fired, semiautomatic
Caliber: 9mm
Capacity: 7+1 rounds
Weight: 1 pound, 3.2 ounces (empty)
Finish: Blued (steel)
Grips: Polymer frame, textured
Sights: Three dot elevation and windage adjustable (rear)
Trigger: 7 pounds (new); 6 pounds, 10 ounces (final)
MSRP: $302
Manufacturer: Taurus

Get ready for this: The striker-fired Taurus 709 Slim proved to be this test’s best value. Why? Let’s start with MSRP: $302. This year, Taurus dropped the prices for several of its models, to include the 709 Slim. That means we’re likely to find one of these for about $270 across the counter at the local gun store. But a low price doesn’t necessarily mean “cheap.”

Frankly, some of us entered this test with a slight bias. By the end of the test, all of our opinions had radically changed. It’s unfair to judge the new Slim until you’ve actually shot one.

To start, the 709 Slim printed the single best five-shot group of this entire test — 1.18 inches at 25 yards — in the capable hands of Chris Mudgett. And it did so after it had fired 635 rounds without a malfunction. (Then it went far, far beyond and has yet to stutter.)

The Slim weighs 3 ounces over a pound and has a grip that points naturally and a single-action trigger that’s impressively crisp. Though it only comes with one flush-pad magazine, we grew to appreciate its bright-yellow follower, which clearly indicated its status in low light, visible through the ejection port. (All companies should follow Taurus’ lead on this.)

Keeping an open mind and evaluating the Slim in hand with nine other pistols of this class, we all — including the three police officers among us — concluded that its ergonomics and performance earned it a place on the list of everyone’s top pistols tested.

Read more: http://www.gunsandammo.com/handguns/compacts/single-stack-9mm-shootout/#ixzz4ecU6dwD9

s&r

mdgreco191

My first handgun was a PT111. Worked great until about round 300. After that the mag would drop out on every shot! :hair:

I took it in to Adventure Outdoors and talked with the gunsmith. He confirmed that was a common defect in that model. The plastic doohickey that holds the magazine in place until you hit the release breaks after a few hundred rounds. I had the option of sending it in for repairs or I could sell it to a friend who thought he could fix it. I sold it and it is still not fixed...

Get a XDS or Shield in 9mm. My XDS is a machine and my wife's Shield is very nice as well.:shoot:

Rabun

I just don't trust Taurus pistols, myself. There are too many proven ones for just a few more bucks.

I had a Taurus .357 revolver that one of cylinder chambers did not align properly with the barrel. I didn't realize that until after the last shot I ever took with that gun... I felt something hit my cheek right below my eye...a piece of copper jacket peeled away from the bullet and embedded in my cheek. Following that incident I did two things...sold the revolver and never again shot without wearing eye protection. That was in the late 90's so not real recent history.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Palmetto State Armory has S&W Shields in 9mm and .40SW for $319.99, $244.99 after rebate. I think the $45 dollar difference above the Taurus is worth it.

B. White

PT940 is solid. No issues and never a jam.
24/7 .45 had a few issues the first few rounds, but none since.
PT111 G2 bought for my wife. No issues when first shot, but after the first cleaning had FTE every round. I have a new recoil spring assy on order to try. I don't think it is cheap ammo. It is Remington, and the other models shoot anything I put in them.

Put a new recoil spring in the Millennium G2. Improved from problems every round to about every three. Last try, bought a box of Federal ammo on sale at Walmart and it shot fine. Went back to the Remington and it shot fine. Ran about 200 rds of mixed up stuff since then and have had no failures of any kind. I'm curious what caused the original problem, but may never know.

OwlRNothing

The 709 Slim is what turned us into a full bore Glock family for life. Now, this was when the 709 first came out, and maybe it's better now.. but ugggh... FTF and FTE on the same gun? No thanks.