Need some recommendations on a...

Big7

The Oracle
^^^^^^ I LOVE RUGER ANYWAY. ^^^^

Found out after a second read of the article in October , Shooting Illustrated there in the fine print, was indeed the MSRP. $1540.00 without optics.

A little rich for my blood. It would be over 2k after descent optics were added.

Plenty of very well made "real" rifles can be had for that.

Maybe when the "new" is gone and after a few more brands come to market, hopefully, the cost will go down.

Thanks for all the replies.
Much Appreciated !!!!

rayjay

I had a Marlin Camp 9 for a while and it was a neat gun. One of the attractions for me was the S&W mags that fit several guns I own. The Marlins are starting to get pricey due to being somewhat rare and having some collector interest. The Camp 45s are much higher than the 9s.
The only problem area of these carbines are the recoil buffers but they are easy to change and readily available. You don't want to use harsh solvents on the composite trigger housing. Also, they have a mag safety that can be removed but the disassembly to remove the mag safety is quite tedious and very fiddly.

sleepr71

I really like my Ruger pc-9. Uses Ruger,or..GLOCKmagazines! IF your eyes are still good..the factory sights are actually very nice. My eyes stink..so..I mounted a compact Vortex Red dot w/3x multiplier. & it’s minute of pig at 100yds all day long? I am eventually going to mount a 1-4x,NV compatible optic with QD mounts?Downside is:it’s more rifle-like than most 9mm carbines & therefore heavier. It’s also not one to mount 10 tactical do/dads onto! I do also like the way it simply twists apart,allowing for easier transport