22 Long Rifle Boolit PSA.

Big7

The Oracle
Bass Pro has the Bass Pro / Cabella's store brand, Barters 22lr copper plated hollow point for 32.99 for a 500 box. Even the "Bucket" of 1400 Rem. "Golden" Plated Hollow Points were 120$.
3, 500 boxes of the Barters would be 100 more boolits for 20$ less.

Best I've seen on 22 boolits in a while.
I should have got some more AND some other calibers too but didn't realize it was the Labor Day sale price until I got home.

Winchester makes them in the USA for Bass Pro.
Their centerfire rifle and shotgun shells are a LOT cheaper than the others too. A LOT. Even the magnums.

I don't recall seeing pistol calibers, but I wasn't looking for them.

Might be worth the ride and they ship if you buy at the web store. Not far for me so I might go back.

Robust Redhorse

They are certainly getting cheaper at the moment. It may be time to "stock-up", if you haven't already.

I could be wrong, but I think you may be referring to "Herter's" ammo.

IMO - AVOID! (the one's I've used were inaccurate and dirty)

If you want inexpensive, but good, Federal Auto Match is hard to beat. I've seen many perfect scores shot with it at rifle competitions over the years and it feeds well in most semi-automatic rifles and pistols.

The Remington's are good too, but just not as accurate as Federal Auto Match.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
The issue is it’s BP/Cabelas rebrand. Yes, Winchester (Olin) makes some of it. not all of it. The quality varies greatly lot to lot, plenty of reviews out there to check out.

Big7

The Oracle
Thread title had me thinking you were casting your own and somehow stuffing into rimfire. :bounce:
Thought about it under oBaMa. :unsure:

menhadenman

They are certainly getting cheaper at the moment. It may be time to "stock-up", if you haven't already.

If you want inexpensive, but good, Federal Auto Match is hard to beat. I've seen many perfect scores shot with it at rifle competitions over the years and it feeds well in most semi-automatic rifles and pistols.

That federal is my go to.

Recently bought some cheap stuff - Armscorps. I think it’s Philippines. Garbage so far, reminds me of Remington 22.

Reactions: Dub

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I was at Academy yesterday they had about half the shelves empty in the ammunition are. Didn’t see any prices that made me feel I needed to add to what I already have in my inventory at home.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I been buying Aquila lately. Needed some subsonic stuff to deal with tree rats in the subdivision.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

I love the Federal auto match. In my experience, though, the Remington is some of the worst junk out there nowadays. The last carton of gold bullets I bought was about 15% duds, no two sounded the same going off, and the bullets were seated crooked in a lot of them.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I love the Federal auto match. In my experience, though, the Remington is some of the worst junk out there nowadays. The last carton of gold bullets I bought was about 15% duds, no two sounded the same going off, and the bullets were seated crooked in a lot of them.
I bought two buckets of the stuff at a real bargain. I use it in a single shot, wont use it in the semiauto at all. It’s strictly plinking, won’t hunt with it.

Big7

The Oracle
Thanks.

I have been shooting the heck put of my 22 stash.
Might shoot some today or Saturday and report back as to grouping, % duds, etc.. I usually take several rifles and handguns when I go shoot 22's.

Should be able to get a good cross section of if they're any good or not. If they are, ima' get more. I go through a LOT of 22lr.

IDK if the range is open Labor Day Weekend so it might be Monday.

Dub

As long as Norma keeps cranking out their TAC22, I'm going to be a happy camper.

I have a pile of it to choot'em'up.

Got suckered in by some new Remington fodder.....it sucked for me.

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
I can usually count on 2-3 duds per brick with Herter's or Remington Thunderbolts. Thunderbolts usually have 1-2 case ruptures per brick for me as well (Though maybe that is due to my Mark IV's chamber being gunked up after a few hundred rounds being shot). But I've still shot thousands of the stuff through my Mark IV.

Worst crap I ever got was some kind of Winchester hollowpoints... I think it was the hyper-velocity stuff. 3 duds out of a box of 100.

If you're willing to buy a lot at a time, you should have no trouble finding Aguila and others at 6 CPR or a little less. CCI standards and Mini-Mags often come up for a little less than 8 CPR.

Big7

The Oracle
As long as Norma keeps cranking out their TAC22, I'm going to be a happy camper.

I have a pile of it to choot'em'up.

Got suckered in by some new Remington fodder.....it sucked for me.
Maybe for hunting or SERIOUS target shooting, or maybe you got a lot more money than me...
:bounce:

But, as much 22lr as I go through, that Norma at $5.00 a box would break me.

I'll try the cheap stuff at least once. Oddly enough, the biggest disappointment lately on 22lr has been Federal 22 AUTOMATCH. I guess I must have tapped into a bad run and got maybe 8 of the 325 boxes and they have the most duds out of anything. They group pretty good and I'll give them another try- I never would have expected that from Federal. And it's happening in a bevy of platforms so I know it ain't the gun.

If these Bass Pro store brand don't do well, I ain't lost but 33$. If they work, it will save me a lot and I'll get some more before they go off sale.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe for hunting or SERIOUS target shooting, or maybe you got a lot more money than me...
:bounce:

But, as much 22lr as I go through, that Norma at $5.00 a box would break me.

I'll try the cheap stuff at least once. Oddly enough, the biggest disappointment lately on 22lr has been Federal 22 AUTOMATCH. I guess I must have tapped into a bad run and got maybe 8 of the 325 boxes and they have the most duds out of anything. They group pretty good and I'll give them another try- I never would have expected that from Federal. And it's happening in a bevy of platforms so I know it ain't the gun.

If these Bass Pro store brand don't do well, I ain't lost but 33$. If they work, it will save me a lot and I'll get some more before they go off sale.
I’ve shot thousands of rounds of federal auto match, and never had a single dud or issue.