NFA trust question

bullgator

I'm looking to start adding a can or three to the mix. I've decided I'll start with a rimfire can for the first one. I'm down to a Sparrow or Spectre.
My question is about getting a trust. I've been researching and I see differing opinions between online trusts such as that from guntrustguru.com for $129 (there are others), and going to an attorney and paying from &250-600 or more, not to mention the time to do a face to face.
What y'alls experience and opinions?

bullgator

At Shooters World in Tampa they were under the opinion that the HPA won't pass for varying reasons. They also felt that if it were to pass that prices would go up because supply won't keep up with demand, at least for a while.of course that might be a good way to keep folks from waiting and move some inventory now. They also have a trust attorney that sets up in there at times.

bullgator

My son bought a can from AR Bunker in Newnan at the end of June and is still waiting on the ATF, He bought and used Silencerco and their NFA EASYTRUST. $129

Good Luck. Maybe the Hearing Protection Act will happen soon.

https://silencerco.com/nfa-trust/

I'm guessing it was all good with the internet trust from Silencerco for him?

JeffinPTC

I'm guessing he won't know until he gets the paperwork. Lately he's worried about some paperwork mistake causing another delay.

deast1988

I'm closing in on 10months I went with a lawyer might not have been needed but gave me peace of mind to get legal advice should any questions pop up. I thought May would beat the deadline last year but I'm still waiting.

Knotwild

I found a lawyer that does NFA trusts in SC as one of his specialties. He was great and he spent about 30 minutes on the phone with me explaining things. If I need to amend the trust in some way, he is just a phone call away.

The policy change on trusts occurred in July of last year. I applied for an SBR stamp and got it in 7 months. If you have a mistake on the paperwork, they will send you a letter with instructions on correcting the mistakes.

bullgator

Thanks guys. I may use the attorney at the store......face to face.

pacecars

With the recent rules change the chief advantage of the trust (no fingerprints, photo or LEO signoff) is gone. The main reason to do one now would be to allow multiple people to legally possess and use the suppressor. I got in before the rule change deadline for my last one. A friend that works for an attorney had them do a simple trust and I copied it and just changed the name. Florida is pretty simple since you don't have to file anything. Yes I had permission to use it and have given copies to several people to use.

Muddy Water

I went with a local attorney that did a $99 NFA trust deal. A trust is pretty simple if you know what to do and the lawyers that make these part of their business all use standard forms that they tailor to your personal information.

My SBR took about 5 months to get approved even with an error on the address. There's some threads on gun forums about an ATF worker you can contact to get a revised application fast tracked. Took me a week to get my amended app approved doing that.

bullgator

Thanks guys. It sounds like either way will work.