UGA vs Miss State

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I know right ,3 games in and we are still working on the OL, fingers crossed in hopes of they will find the right combination

This is not a good game for them to be "experimenting".

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Just watched the replay on youtube last night. Mileage may vary but here's my thoughts.
1)The final score doesn't tell the story. MSU didn't look as good and LSU didn't look as bad as the score would indicate.
2)I think their DL gives our OL fits if we cant pass early and deep.
3)Conversely, their QB is good, but he didn't look as quick or have the live arm Winbush with ND had.
4) Our D is faster than LSU's and I like our chances to keep him contained.
Overall we can beat them if we can move the ball and not shoot ourselves in the foot with turn overs and penalties.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Saw much the same thing myself watching the replay today SFD. LSU lost the game as much as MSU won it.

9 Penalties of which 2 erased TD's, admittedly they got 1 back 2 or 3 plays later, 3 ejected 1st string D players, 1 Safety and more importantly 2 D-Line, and 8 of them either killed LSU drives or EXTENDED a dead MSU drive for a score.

Defense was POORLY planned, IMO, and even more poorly executed on LSU's part, again in IMO. Too much "reactionary" D and not enough "attacking" D. When they did attack Fitzgerald was often rushed and threw errant passes or took a sack and rush gains were limited. When they played the "reactionary", rush 3-4 and have LB's "stay home" and "spy" ball carrier they were gashed both rushing and passing. Poor angles and failure to maintain outside contain killed them. And later in the game the loss of 2 D-Line REALLY wore on those left available to play with no rotation or rotating young inexperienced players.

LSU's offense made MSU's D look special. It wasn't in my opinion. Once they got behind they HAD to throw and TG knew it and attacked often rushing at least 5 and they panicked more making bad throws. And TOO MANY dropped balls by the receivers when he did hit them.

Let's not forget we 474yds, 185 passing and 289 rushing, against TG's D last year week 1 with Chubb accounting for 222yds of that. All that having been said we have been guilty of some of the problems that plagued LSU.

1 Penalties. We MUST limit our penalties and more importantly critical drive killing or extending ones.
2 O-Line play MUST be solid. If we can open holes for our backs MSU will HAVE TO honor that and that will buy time for Eason or Fromm for passing. Every Offensive drive MUST end in a kick preferably through the uprights.
3 D MUST play aggressively and hold outside contain turning all runs back inside to our LB's. Fitzgerald CAN NOT be allowed to stand back in the pocket and pick his target. If our front 4 can't accomplish this, and I believe they can, then a 5th and sometimes 6th should be sent to keep them behind the chains and guessing who's coming from where.

All in all I believe we can accomplish these 3 keys and win this game. Our toughest game has been on the road while theirs was at home. We have home field this time. Also if you were to put our 3 opponents against theirs and I believe our 3 would whoop theirs handily. I believe our team is more battle tested and hardened this year and MSU MAY be a little over confident after the lopsided victory of last week over what was SUPPOSED to be and historically has been a difficult opponent.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!!!

fish hawk

Bass Master
Saw much the same thing myself watching the replay today SFD. LSU lost the game as much as MSU won it.

9 Penalties of which 2 erased TD's, admittedly they got 1 back 2 or 3 plays later, 3 ejected 1st string D players, 1 Safety and more importantly 2 D-Line, and 8 of them either killed LSU drives or EXTENDED a dead MSU drive for a score.

Defense was POORLY planned, IMO, and even more poorly executed on LSU's part, again in IMO. Too much "reactionary" D and not enough "attacking" D. When they did attack Fitzgerald was often rushed and threw errant passes or took a sack and rush gains were limited. When they played the "reactionary", rush 3-4 and have LB's "stay home" and "spy" ball carrier they were gashed both rushing and passing. Poor angles and failure to maintain outside contain killed them. And later in the game the loss of 2 D-Line REALLY wore on those left available to play with no rotation or rotating young inexperienced players.

LSU's offense made MSU's D look special. It wasn't in my opinion. Once they got behind they HAD to throw and TG knew it and attacked often rushing at least 5 and they panicked more making bad throws. And TOO MANY dropped balls by the receivers when he did hit them.

Let's not forget we 474yds, 185 passing and 289 rushing, against TG's D last year week 1 with Chubb accounting for 222yds of that. All that having been said we have been guilty of some of the problems that plagued LSU.

1 Penalties. We MUST limit our penalties and more importantly critical drive killing or extending ones.
2 O-Line play MUST be solid. If we can open holes for our backs MSU will HAVE TO honor that and that will buy time for Eason or Fromm for passing. Every Offensive drive MUST end in a kick preferably through the uprights.
3 D MUST play aggressively and hold outside contain turning all runs back inside to our LB's. Fitzgerald CAN NOT be allowed to stand back in the pocket and pick his target. If our front 4 can't accomplish this, and I believe they can, then a 5th and sometimes 6th should be sent to keep them behind the chains and guessing who's coming from where.

All in all I believe we can accomplish these 3 keys and win this game. Our toughest game has been on the road while theirs was at home. We have home field this time. Also if you were to put our 3 opponents against theirs and I believe our 3 would whoop theirs handily. I believe our team is more battle tested and hardened this year and MSU MAY be a little over confident after the lopsided victory of last week over what was SUPPOSED to be and historically has been a difficult opponent.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool::cool::cool:

Attachments

• facebook-like-button.jpg
    facebook-like-button.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 241

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!!!

Fair enough analysis but I still say it all boils down to our D, especially the secondary and the O line. Everything else is solid.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Dawgs win, that is all.

nickel back

Will Sammon of the Jackson Clarion-Ledger spoke toJohnathan Abram and got his thoughts on returning to Athens. The former Georgia safety had some strong words regarding what he wants to do when he gets back between the hedges.

“It will be a great feeling,” Abram said. “To get a chance to go between the hedges but on the opposite side … I mean, I just look forward to going in with my team and, honestly, just beating the brakes off of them.”

Browning Slayer

Dawgs win, that is all..

Browning Slayer

I got him on FB. He's drinking that MStU kool aid. Says he will be in Athens tomorrow

What's his login name? I'll send him a friend request? :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Browning Slayer

let me know. ill be happy to contact him and post comments for him in the game thread unless elfiiii decides to let him in.

What is Jason's last name?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
ill be happy to contact him and post comments for him in the game thread unless elfiiii decides to let him in.

In a word? No. :bounce:

Browning Slayer

Matthew6

Banned thug
let me do some diggin. sure i will have him ready for the game thread saturday.:rofl: