Tuckahoe WMA

AllTerrainAngler

I was thinking about driving out to Tuckahoe to hog hunt since my .308 is a "small game" weapon as of the past few years. I haven't been down there yet so any advice is greatly appreciated. ALso if anyone else would like to go from my area you are more than welcome to ride along. I don't expect gas money or anything in return.

thumper523

Not Yet

Your 308 is not a small game weapon until fox and bobcat season come in which is Dec 1st

state159

Hogs are tearing up farmer's crops right now. Talked to a farmer yesterday that said his standing corn was taking a beating because of the wild hogs. Tuckahoe is a nice WMA though.

AllTerrainAngler

Hogs are tearing up farmer's crops right now. Talked to a farmer yesterday that said his standing corn was taking a beating because of the wild hogs. Tuckahoe is a nice WMA though.

I have a lot of farms i can hunt back home. Down here the ones I"ve met want you to pay them to handle their hog problems.

retiredkilla

i hunted tuckahoe years ago. pigs every where. DNR wanted the pigs eradicated and did a good job of it. special hunts and had pigs trapped. now we have a WMA swamp with no pigs and only a few small deer. beautiful place, :banginghe

BowArrow

I hunted Tuckahoe the first year it opened with my bow. Saw hogs scouting before season and got hog the first day of season. The next Saturday got a hog and deer. Have not hunted since that first year.