Need advice - UGA game on 10/14

S.Dailey

My 11yo daughter wants to go to a UGA game, more specifically to see Chubb & Michel play before they graduate. She's never been to a UGA game and I haven't been to a game in 15+yrs myself. So I'm a little lost on the current workings of what's involved in getting in (and out) of Athens on game day.

I was able to call in a favor and got (2) tickets that state to enter in gate 6, but that's all I have so far. Parking is my greatest concern at this point. Do I try and pre-purchase a parking pass or just wing it and find parking when I get there?

I want us to get there in time to see the Dawg walk and be able to take it all in and not be rushed. The game starts at 7:30. We live roughly 75-80 miles away from Athens.

I'd appreciate any tips or advice that you guys could offer so I can make this a great lifetime memory for me and my daughter.

Last edited:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I'd appreciate any tips or advice that you guys could offer so I can make this a great lifetime memory for me and my daughter.

Then I'd be all over finding me a parking pass somewhere close.;)

J.T.

If you get to Athens around noon or shortly thereafter for a 7:30 game you should have luck finding spaces in a parking garage in Downtown. Unless you were looking to tailgate, Downtown is a great place to park especially if you are wanting show your daughter around campus. Start at the arch and work your way down to the bookstore and stadium. Or you could head towards East Campus Village around the same time and find parking in the student lots (Not the garage, though). They run shuttle buses every few minutes all day long from East Campus parking deck to the East side of the stadium.

I have a junior at UGA and she's in a dorm in East Campus Village.
My wife, two other daughters and myself went to the MSU game last week. We got to her dorm's parking lot around 12:30 and there was still plenty of parking. After the game the police open up a back gate to get out of this area that dumps you right onto the east side of the bypass.

S.Dailey

If you get to Athens around noon or shortly thereafter for a 7:30 game you should have luck finding spaces in a parking garage in Downtown. Unless you were looking to tailgate, Downtown is a great place to park especially if you are wanting show your daughter around campus. Start at the arch and work your way down to the bookstore and stadium. Or you could head towards East Campus Village around the same time and find parking in the student lots (Not the garage, though). They run shuttle buses every few minutes all day long from East Campus parking deck to the East side of the stadium.

My wife, two other daughters and myself went to the MSU game last week. We got to her dorm's parking lot around 12:30 and there was still plenty of parking. After the game the police open up a back gate to get out of this area that dumps you right onto the east side of the bypass.

Thank you sir. That's the kind of insight I'm looking for.

DAWG1419

We went to the same game. Got to the north campus parking deck at 3. Plenty of parking. At 5 there were still tons of parking left. We paid $20.

Horns

I believe the Dawg walk will be around 4:30. You gotta get there early or you won’t be able to see the players

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

I always park up between 5 points and the Tate center. Game like that probably be around $30. We tail gate right across from the Tate center on Lumpkin

J.T.

Thank you sir. That's the kind of insight I'm looking for.
Have fun tomorrow, I hope you and your daughter enjoy the day and the game. Should be beautiful weather.

S.Dailey

Have fun tomorrow, I hope you and your daughter enjoy the day and the game. Should be beautiful weather.

JT we had a great time overall. I took your advice and we arrived around noon and I ended up parking in the north parking deck. We made our way to the arch for pics and cruised through the campus taking tourist pics along the way. My daughter rang the chapel bell like crazy and even got her pic taken with Kevin Butler. The Dawg Walk was an awesome experience itself. She got to see Chubb and Michel up close like she had hoped for. The seats were good as were the folks that we sat around. The entire experience was great from start to finish. Lots of good memories were made Saturday that I hope last her a lifetime.:cool:

Thanks to everyone for the input. :clap:

Matthew6

Banned thug
JT we had a great time overall. I took your advice and we arrived around noon and I ended up parking in the north parking deck. We made our way to the arch for pics and cruised through the campus taking tourist pics along the way. My daughter rang the chapel bell like crazy and even got her pic taken with Kevin Butler. The Dawg Walk was an awesome experience itself. She got to see Chubb and Michel up close like she had hoped for. The seats were good as were the folks that we sat around. The entire experience was great from start to finish. Lots of good memories were made Saturday that I hope last her a lifetime.:cool:

Thanks to everyone for the input. :clap:

sounds like you didnt sit near slayer. :bounce: