Big Hammock Early Season Hog Hunt

Limbhanger2881

I got drawn this year. I do not have any dogs. If someone has some dogs please send me a message and lets go get some bacon. The hunt is Aug 8 and 9

RUGERWARRIOR

Just a guess, the boy wants to hunt and mabey learn something from people who wouldn't mind ablidgeing him.
Sorry, don't know if I spelt that right.

Limbhanger2881

Why not sign up. I do a lot of hunting. More then normal and do enjoy meeting new people. I have signed up for other dog hunts and have met good people went and had a good time. On the dog quota you can take three people. So of course some people are not lucky to get picked and gives them the option to still go and run dogs and some land that has not been hunted in nearly a year. Kind of seems a plus to both parties if you ask me. Guess you could say why do people go alligator hunting if they don't have a tag or why go run bears with dogs if you don't have dogs or why would you go pheasant or qual hunting if you don't have dogs. To just go hunting, maybe experience something you never have done which in result maybe get you into the new hobbie, meet new people etc.

sghoghunter

if u dont hav dogs dont sign up. its like signing up for a bow hunt with no bow. thank you

That my point!!! All I am saying is that you took away a chance for some people that has dogs. That's like signing up for a quota hunt and knowing the whole time your not going,just don't make any sense to me.

buddylee

Game warden said a lot of folks sign up for all kinds of hunts and never go. I think they outta dock your points for hunts you don't attend.

sghoghunter

They should buddylee. I think I'm gonna sign up for deer dog quota,turkey quota and the special hog hunts then find me a couple guys to guide me so I can meet new people

Limbhanger2881

First of all I do not need a guide. Second if it comes down to it I will go stalk hogs and will for sure kill hogs. I do not have a problem killing anything. I do not need dogs to kill something. I just figured it would be cool to try it and see what it is like. I do know some people that have dogs but unfortunately have something that weekend. I also think it is pretty sad how some of you responded. I am sure yall had to experience your first hog hunt with someone. It is pretty sad how some of you think

jakebuddy

I don't think its sad probably frustrating for folks that feed/ train dogs all year and would like to get picked for these hunts. I'm not sure of a good way to fix the problem though, I am not saying you are doing this by any means you are probably a fine hunter but there have been instances that none hunting public and anti hunters put in for quota hunts and tags with the purpose of not hunting to "save the animals". Again not saying you are but I can see where its frustraiting for dog handlers/ hunters.

sghoghunter

Yes I had my first time behind a set of hog dogs but I was invited. If you can spot and stalk and kill them why not go some other time besides taking up a spot for other folks that would love to get picked. If you just want to go with some dog hunters I'm sure if you ask plenty would take you heck I would even take you.

Limbhanger2881

So I had a couple buddies that were going to go with us this weekend and more then likely are going to have to cancel if someone would like to go. I can take a couple people with us if your interested

PURVIS

Talked to a friend at dnr awhile back and he said the ones who wrote the guidelines thought it was a no brainier if you ant got dogs don't apply I guess it should have been spelled out he said they were going to make check box to weather you had dogs or not.I don't apply for any gun hunts out of respect for those who only have this way of hunting but thats just me.

PURVIS

I never new the number but I wonder how many that were drone have their own dogs.I know everyone has the chance dog owner or not but it seems like it would be like me getting drone for a quote bow hunt and not owning a bow and then wanting someone with 10000.00+ worth of bows and equipment to come go with me and loan me there stuff.

bowbuck

Would seem like to me if a person without dogs got drawn and wanted a person with dogs to share his hunt thats a win win for everyone. The folks with dogs get to hunt whether they get drawn or not. But maybe they had rather complain and moan and hope for next year. Seems to me if its all about the dogs working they would jump at the chance???

sghoghunter

I wonder out of the 5quota how many actually had their own dogs? What's the reason the dnr allows dogs on a hog dog hunt? I bet it ain't to give y'all non dog owners a chance to hunt