Surprised in Wilkinson county

JKnieper

I have been hunting this property for 30 years and have never seen one of these. The date is wrong as this was taken last Monday night. Any bear experts care to guess his size?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 3,411

JKnieper

Another one. I can't figure out how to post more than one pic at a time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 3,433

bassnbucks

Where in Wilkinson are you located? We have gotten 3 different bears at our place and we are off 18 in the middle of Gorden and Jeffersonville. Im no expert but i would say hes is at least 175

anhieser

Same here in Wilkinson. We are off Balls Church Rd and have had every feeder ruined by bears this year.

JL242

Our lease is off 112. I first got bear pics in 2011. Search some of my posts and you can see all the pics.... I've heard Twiggs is over run with them, but they have a season. Hopefully DNR will add Wilkinson County to the season soon. My feeders have been empty since 2011....

WLhunter

Yep..Down the road from you in Twiggs below Jeffersonvile..4 to 5 different bears..and they destroyed every feeder there 2 weeks ago. Watch your camera they like those too! And a one day season doesnt help, they dont want you to kill them yet.

Buckbuster69

no way that bear is 175lbs-- He looks to be more in the 300 lb range. I killed a 320 hog this year and he looks bigger than the hog. Either way, I would not be walking to my stand without my 9mm on my side!!!!!!

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
That bear is around 300#

CraKaLaCKiN

no way that bear is 175lbs-- He looks to be more in the 300 lb range. I killed a 320 hog this year and he looks bigger than the hog. Either way, I would not be walking to my stand without my 9mm on my side!!!!!!

9MM really? That would be like a bee sting on a 300lb bear! You might wanna try something a little bigger!!!

JKnieper

My guess is that he is an adult and that he would go somewhere around 300 but again I'm not a bear expert. The bottom of that feeder barrel is at about 5 1/2 feet so he seems pretty tall to me.

I'm not concerned about any close encounters of the bear kind but I would prefer to not have my feeders and cameras destroyed. Hopefully he moves on down the road but I'm not sure why he would when he has a buffet at my place!

Here is another one of him patiently waiting in the buffet line!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 2,060

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
We are across the river from beaverdam in Johnson and Lauren's ctys on the river. We've been seein bears for years over there

old florida gator

need a longer bear season , feeders are getting expensive to repair/replace. we have similar problems with both bear and hogs.
in Twiggs county

camotoy

we at the jones ,twiggs and wilkerson county lines 2 miles frorm Gordon we have 4 different bears on cams and killin feeders!!!!