Found a new lake!

CaptainSolo

Despite living right next to Lake Chickamauga, I wanted to find another lake in the area to try out. Found a cool little lake called Parksville on the GA/TN border. Has some pretty good spotted bass fishing in it. Also found that the lake hasnt been surveyed, so started using SonarCharts Live to do a little mapping. It's a bit basic right now, but after a few more trips I should have a pretty good map started.

Has anyone else fished here? Is there any other lakes you like to fish in this Northern GA area?

Attachments

• download (6).jpg
    download (6).jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 999
  • download (7).jpg
    download (7).jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 996

lampern

It has Alabama bass not spotted ( Kentucky bass)

It also gets stocked with muskies

Good luck with the maps

The mtn man

Fished it some when I was young, had an uncle that lived down the road in Cleveland. It use to be stocked with hybrids I believe, was a good crappie lake too. Now days I think folks mostly fish it for the trout.

61BelAir

It has Alabama bass not spotted ( Kentucky bass)

It also gets stocked with muskies

Good luck with the maps

Very interested in the muskies. Does it have enough that someone with zero muskie experience might catch one in a weekend? It would be beyond cool to check that off the bucket list and still be in our state.

lampern

The lake is in Tennessee downstream from Lake Blue Ridge

The muskie stockings are pretty recent so the fish should be small

Plenty of trout and yellow perch for forage though

61BelAir

Thanks for the information. That's one number on my bucket list that isn't exactly specific. I want a decent (say over 40" and/or 10 pounds) Northern, Muskie, or Tiger Muskie....OR preferably a Jack over 5 pounds.

Very cool mapping Solo. I've played around with the AutoChart Live just a little bit on a small unmapped lake I fish, but it doesn't look like much because of the flat nature of the lake. Also at around 75 acres it's time consuming from a kayak.

lampern

It certainly is the closest spot to Georgia with muskies I would think.

Good luck in your trophy fish quest

JakkBauer

Very interested in the muskies. Does it have enough that someone with zero muskie experience might catch one in a weekend? It would be beyond cool to check that off the bucket list and still be in our state.

THis post made me laugh. Not to be rude but I find it hilarious someone would expect to go into a trophy fish hunt with zero experience and less than 48 hours and come out successful. Seems to be asking a bit much. If it was that easy would you feel you had accomplished something?

Either way good luck to ya.:cheers:

61BelAir

THis post made me laugh. Not to be rude but I find it hilarious someone would expect to go into a trophy fish hunt with zero experience and less than 48 hours and come out successful. Seems to be asking a bit much. If it was that easy would you feel you had accomplished something?

I honestly thought either a Northern or Muskie in the 10 pound range isn't that big to be what most would call a trophy. ??? I'm not talking about a giant one. Wouldn't it be more like hoping to catch a 4 or 5 pound largemouth on a good fishery in a weekend? (in relation to "trophy" sizes)

The 5 pound Jack (chain pickerel) I mentioned I'd definitely say is a trophy. Even though the record is nearly twice that it seems that jacks of good size are pretty rare. That one I don't know if I'll ever get. So far my biggest is 3 pounds and 4 ounces.

Anyway, no offense taken. If I wasn't looking for more information I wouldn't have asked. Lampern said the stocking is fairly recent so I'm pretty sure that means it'd be best to wait a few more years before hoping for it on that lake. From what I've seen I think my best chance is to take the kayaks up to the Collins River just north of there.

Etoncathunter

I think one of the articles I read on this said they expect the population being fishable about 6 years after initial stocking. Maybe a little shorter, with good growth.

Stranger things have happened