What are these scratches from?

heggy

Greetings,

Scratches are appearing on trees throughout my neighborhood.

I believe the scratches are made by deers. My neighbor does not think so.

I live in east Cobb and deer are constantly passing thru the neighborhood.

What do you think made these scratches\marks?

Thanks,
Glen

Attachments

• tree_1.jpg
    tree_1.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 381
  • tree_2.jpg
    tree_2.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:

NOYDB

BANNED
There are some large bucks in the suburbs. A lot more deer than many realize. And deer adapt well to suburban areas.

T-N-T

Looks like you should be bow hunting....

1gr8bldr

A deer chooses the size tree that will flex just a bit. They want to feel it move. It's sort of a pretend fight, exercising the neck muscles. This is a good buck in terms of body size.

Anvil Head

Gotta love it. Good set for a trail cam, but I'd just get a cup of coffee and get out on the porch early to watch the show.
My yankee neighbor thought it was some kind of beetle damage to his little cedars. He was positive it couldn't be a deer until I showed him a clip from my trail cam and then pointed to the 8 pt buck standing behind my woodpile watching us looking at "his" cedar. Fella is still in denial and think it's just a fluke.

More I think about it the more I think my ol' Daddy was right - "Duct tape won't fix stupidity.....but it will sure muffle the sound."

PappyHoel

I will help you stop this from happening. You have a deer that needs to be relocated to my freezer. He's trespassing and vandalizing personal property.