Bear hunting in North Georgia

Jighead

Gone but not forgotten
Bears everywhere

A White County deputy ran over one last week just south of Cleveland,and last Wed. I had one run out in front of me at the Dollar General here in Cleveland.This was 1:30 in the afternoon.The north bound car was almost decorated with a bear rug.This time last year I had a huge bear come up in my back yard.For some reason they start roaming this time of year.I probably seen 8-9 bears last August between scouting and just riding WMA roads.

bucky

The regs have changed for north georgia this year,You have to take the skull and hide to gainesville with in three days of kill and they will tag it for you there.

Charl

A picture of one that has been coming around past couple weeks, eating all my corn and not sharing with the deer.:)

DSCN1934.jpg

Marlin_444

Cooter is a scratch

Hey Edsboy:

Not gonna make it up on the Bow opener...

Tryin to get up the follrn week.

Have a Good'n!

Ron

ngabearhunter

Track- Anybody know what kind?????

Found these Friday morning after a night rain in Habersham County.
Reckon what they are? :bounce:

Sorry the pics are so big, anybody know how to fix it?

Attachments

• Track.jpg
    Track.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 451
  • bear track close up.jpg
    bear track close up.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 454

Jighead

Gone but not forgotten
i'm not gonna have to go to the higher elevations to hunt. I had one drag all my trash out last night from our container for trash pickup.The neighbors said they have seen him and he looks about 300 to 350 lbs. Just curious, will hunting over my trash be considered hunting over bait. Just kidding on the last statement.

ngabearhunter

That track does look small in the pic, but it was a nice set of tracks...not the biggest I've seen but certainly from a shooter bear in my book (anything over 150).

This is a small bear I photografted on Chatt.WMA about two weeks ago. Seen two other bears=Sow and cub on same day.This bear was wondering around camp ground.

Attachments

• DSC01208.JPG
    DSC01208.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 869

Marlin_444

Time to line up a hunt...

Ok Guys, let's put our calendars together for a Bow... Then Muzzle and then Rifle Bear Hunt...

Yes, Dana; we'll take you along too!!!

Have a Good One...

sfoxwoody

I checked-in at Cohuta WMA last friday and there were 18 bear signed out at that one check station so far! And my buddy killed one up there yesterday on the Ellijay side.

DeltaHalo

Rich Mtn. WMA has a very good population as well.
There is alot of land on the Gilmer side to hunt that should not be too busy with hunters. I'll be there

xhunterx

cohutta first firearm hunt ended last night, at the holly creek check station there has been 23 bears, 3 hogs and 1 8pt. buck checked out. my son took his first bear there last night, shot it just before 7 pm, took 5 of us 4 hours to drag out. bear was aged at approx 5 yrs old, dressed weight was 230. it felt more like 750 lb by the time it got thrown on the truck.

Marlin_444

Bear Hunting in North Georgia

cohutta first firearm hunt ended last night, at the holly creek check station there has been 23 bears, 3 hogs and 1 8pt. buck checked out. my son took his first bear there last night, shot it just before 7 pm, took 5 of us 4 hours to drag out. bear was aged at approx 5 yrs old, dressed weight was 230. it felt more like 750 lb by the time it got thrown on the truck.

Alright!

N I C E Bear!

I am gonna do a Roll Call on who is gonna head out nextv week!

Have a good one!

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
:fine:

bullrider

Banned
Ok Marlin_444 I'm In If You Are Going Next Weekend Talked To The Wife And Told Her I Want In Earlyer This Year I'm Still Going In Nov But It Will Be For Deer And Bear If I Don't Get One Before And If Any Safe Hunter Want To Go With Me In Nov. Just Pm Me And I'll Give You My Info