Cobb co. residents

FootLongDawg

I am in east Cobb. We got em. I have my Crossbow by the door. Neighbor shot one out his kitchen window with his pistol. No one cared. But there is always someone that will freak out. Usually the one that eventually will lose a small dog or cat to a yote.

bucktail

It's legal to use a gun. Most places it's not safe cause of space. But if you got land and a safe 'backstop' area. Might want to try to dig a whole and put some bait in it. Least its head will be down to give you a chance. They're smart buggers!

westcobbdog

To my knowledge you can't shoot off a gun in any part of Cobb without X amount of acreage, like 10 or 20 or more. I would like to know the exact law(s) regarding this. Crossbow is legal method with this non game species. Just don't know about discharging a firearm unless your land is a decent size. I live near Lost Mt and a big tract behind the McDonald's had heavy gunfire at times through th eyaers, before it was purchased for development recently. Prolly push yotes my way.

bucktail

There is no acreage requirement by any cobb ordinance. Just Google it. The local ordinances are all online. But most places aren't safe.

RipperIII

saw a big yote Saturday night crossing Ridge road from one subdivision to another, not a lot of timber in this area.
Last fall had one cross my yard (1/16th of an acre)while I was in the garage cleaning my guns for deer season, If I'd had my bow, or my .22lr I'd of taken a shot. it's amazing that there are so many in such an over developed space.

J.T.

I am off Trickum Rd. between Shallowford and Jamerson. I see big healthy ones all the time. Starting to see quite a few foxes also. I believe they come down off of Sweat Mnt.

Ihunt

At least the yote doesn't sleep on top of my car/truck.

Last edited by a moderator:

specialk

not trying to be a smart butt...but...if someone has kicked your door down and they're coming at you with a knife you can't fire your gun?

dom

I am in east Cobb. We got em. I have my Crossbow by the door. Neighbor shot one out his kitchen window with his pistol. No one cared. But there is always someone that will freak out. Usually the one that eventually will lose a small dog or cat to a yote.

looks like my bow is coming out of the case. I'm in east cobb.

RipperIII

not trying to be a smart butt...but...if someone has kicked your door down and they're coming at you with a knife you can't fire your gun?

Absolutely you can...but discharging a firearm may still be a violation even in "self defense" albeit a very minor charge given the circumstance, but I'm not a criminal lawyer in Cobb co.

specialk

Absolutely you can...but discharging a firearm may still be a violation even in "self defense" albeit a very minor charge given the circumstance, but I'm not a criminal lawyer in Cobb co.

gotcha'....

FootLongDawg

I am off Trickum Rd. between Shallowford and Jamerson. I see big healthy ones all the time. Starting to see quite a few foxes also. I believe they come down off of Sweat Mnt.

you are very close to me. and yes, the ones I see here are way bigger than the ones I see on my deer lease.

westcobbdog

Anybody see the article last week about the larger sized dog attacked by a yote in its yard near Marietta High? Dog had three big bite areas.

PappyHoel

Put a trail cam in your yard, you will be surprised at the animal traffic you get.

alan

You can shoot a gun in Cobb County! You can't deer hunt with a gun in Cobb. I host a turkey shoot every year in Cobb County and shoot several hundreds of times each day with police, city council members, and mayors participating every year. You do need to be careful but the only requirement is you be 50 yards off the road.