Ossabaw Feb. feral hog roll call

jkp

My buddy and I will be there, hope the weather and the animals are better than the PW hunt this year.
J

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Me me

jkp

Designasaurus,
Did your son get a different reply from DNR about not-selected guest leaving camp. I called again last week and was told again that if I brought my 13yr old they would have to stay in camp since they were not drawn, no exceptions regarless of age. Just curious.
Thanks,
J

ktc286

My group of 4 will be there. Looking forward to it......

tonyrittenhouse

Designasaurus,
Did your son get a different reply from DNR about not-selected guest leaving camp. I called again last week and was told again that if I brought my 13yr old they would have to stay in camp since they were not drawn, no exceptions regarless of age. Just curious.
Thanks,
J
Our group did not get drawn this time but we have been on the Feb. hog hunt a couple of times. They let my cousin take his sons into his area each time we went out hunting. He was the only one allowed to have a gun because he was the one that got drawn. As a matter of fact they encouraged him to take them. They even let one guy take his wife with him into his area. I hope they have not changed this rule now.

jkp

Two phone calls with the same reply, no one allowed in the woods but the person drawn, but you are the fifth person to say they do allow it. This does explain why when there are only 52 hunters on the PW hunt the trailers are still full though. We'll decide last minute if we will risk it or not.

Mark R

Two phone calls with the same reply, no one allowed in the woods but the person drawn, but you are the fifth person to say they do allow it. This does explain why when there are only 52 hunters on the PW hunt the trailers are still full though. We'll decide last minute if we will risk it or not.

The person anwering the phone and telling you that is not the one running the show on the island . I cant guarantee it but i have seem them be really nice about such before .

ktc286

Hunt time is getting close guys! I'm ready to get on the island and get it started......:fine::fine::fine:

jkp

Me too, but rain,and rain is a bad start. High winds, and heavy rains may slow kilkenny down as they don't do bad weather. So far the rain is on Tue. and Wed. if its going to rain lets get it out of the way one site says .5 to 1 in and another says .25 to .50.:banginghe
J

ktc286

I hear you on the rain. On one forecast I also saw a chance for a snow flurry on Thursday. Low of 28 degrees. Gonna be an interesting hunt!