Tyin Today

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
May have to try them out. They look similar to what I have seen spin fishermen use up on Wildcat called Trout Candy. Cept yours are tied and not plastic!:cool:

TopWater94

Caddis for the cycle

Sittin around enjoying the day off and fishing later when it warms up. Thought I would share a life cycle. This would be considered for the "life cycle swap" TL mentioned in the SH swap.

First is a peeping caddis.

Second is a caddis pupae.

Third is a pupae emerger/ or used as a diving female.

Fourth is an X caddis used as a female laying eggs or a fresh hatched fluttering caddis.

Attachments

• for the cycle (caddis) 003.JPG
    for the cycle (caddis) 003.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 146
  • for the cycle (caddis) 001.JPG
    for the cycle (caddis) 001.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 146
  • for the cycle (caddis) 002.JPG
    for the cycle (caddis) 002.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 143
  • for the cycle (caddis) 004.JPG
    for the cycle (caddis) 004.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 148

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Look great TopWater!

TopWater94

Thanks, KF. I have been beefing up for this spring since all I have been using this winter are midges (UGGGHHHHH) But I want to be a bit more prepared for different stages of hatches rather than settling for attractor patterns like I usually do. Like when youre catching a ton of fish and then it turns off all of a sudden like hitting a light switch. Then out come the san jauns, y2ks, rainbow warriors. Not to knock those patterns, they have all brought us sunshine on cloudy days but it just seems to get old especially when you bust your hind parts trying to match the hatch with all those new goodie materials you bought at Fishhawk or Unicoi. A bad habbit to learn from guides by the way (when all else fails use the ugly stuff). Then again I will always have those uglies for "go-tos'." Tight lines.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Thanks, KF. I have been beefing up for this spring since all I have been using this winter are midges (UGGGHHHHH) But I want to be a bit more prepared for different stages of hatches rather than settling for attractor patterns like I usually do. Like when youre catching a ton of fish and then it turns off all of a sudden like hitting a light switch. Then out come the san jauns, y2ks, rainbow warriors. Not to knock those patterns, they have all brought us sunshine on cloudy days but it just seems to get old especially when you bust your hind parts trying to match the hatch with all those new goodie materials you bought at Fishhawk or Unicoi. A bad habbit to learn from guides by the way (when all else fails use the ugly stuff). Then again I will always have those uglies for "go-tos'." Tight lines.

Hey Ugly works! The buggier and uglier the better.

gabreamfanatic

well yall want to see ugly and bugie. here is the briminator the recipe is the tie section.
Picture048.jpg

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Killer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cool: