MLK Monday.....what’s cooking????

ryork

Expecting a crowd Dub? All that looks incredible, really like the pie. Could put away several of those eggrolls too! I always have buttermilk in the frig, primarily for making cornbread and using for frying things etc. Think we really need to make one of those pies....

Dub

Grilled chicken breast over a salad. My better half always redirects the meal plan at the first of the year. That being said I enjoyed the meal and to be honest I could shed a pound or two.

DUB you have some great looking food as always.

Thanks, Bro. We are shedding a pound or two 'round here starting tomorrow.....no kidding.

Wife is going in one direction......sorta the Maria Osmond path....I'm going in another. We'll see who get's "there" first.

I'd toss it all for those egg rolls! Those look like some I get in Hazlehurst that are great. Do you deep fry them and where do you get the dough?

Thank you. Fun cook, indeed.

http://www.friedas.com/wonton-wrapper/

Walmart's Neighborhood Market.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Wish I hadn't looked....looks fantastic Dub.

Flu runnin a muk round here, sippin on soup.

Dub

Expecting a crowd Dub? All that looks incredible, really like the pie. Could put away several of those eggrolls too! I always have buttermilk in the frig, primarily for making cornbread and using for frying things etc. Think we really need to make one of those pies....

I never have buttermilk on hand.........but made sure I did for this cook....and will keep a cup on hand. Thanks MrsHornet22 !!!!!!!!!!

ryork

Tonight's Supper

Cooking for myself again tonight..... Don't mind playing mad scientist in the kitchen when by myself. Had a few scallops and shrimp leftover from this weekend. I know this is kind of getting off the deep end here a little bit, but that circular thing is a scallop custard. Put the scallops, a little Andouille sausage, an egg, a little heavy cream, salt and pepper in the blender and liquefied it all. Put that in a well oiled ramekin and then in the oven. That has to be surrounded by water to keep from scorching. Seared the shrimp in a pan. Made an Andouille cream sauce by sweating some onion, garlic and Andouille in a pan. Added some chicken stock, heavy cream, bay leaves, and a shot of w'shire sauce and then letting that cook down for a little bit. Served all of that over some greens. A little on the weird side, maybe, but that scallop-sausage custard was stupid good!

Attachments

• 1-15 (1).jpg
    1-15 (1).jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 273
  • 1-15 (2).jpg
    1-15 (2).jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 275
  • 1-15 (3).jpg
    1-15 (3).jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 274
  • 1-15 (4).jpg
    1-15 (4).jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 272

Dub

Cooking for myself again tonight..... Don't mind playing mad scientist in the kitchen when by myself. Had a few scallops and shrimp leftover from this weekend. I know this is kind of getting off the deep end here a little bit, but that circular thing is a scallop custard. Put the scallops, a little Andouille sausage, an egg, a little heavy cream, salt and pepper in the blender and liquefied it all. Put that in a well oiled ramekin and then in the oven. That has to be surrounded by water to keep from scorching. Seared the shrimp in a pan. Made an Andouille cream sauce by sweating some onion, garlic and Andouille in a pan. Added some chicken stock, heavy cream, bay leaves, and a shot of w'shire sauce and then letting that cook down for a little bit. Served all of that over some greens. A little on the weird side, maybe, but that scallop-sausage custard was stupid good!

:banana:

Lawd have Mercy that looks insanely delicious !!!!!!

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Great looking food tonight guys

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Dub them egg rolls looked crazy good. I got to learn how to make them.

Dub

:biggrin2:

Only thing needs is hot sauce and a napkin !!!!!!

Yup. and the napkin is optional so long as you have shirts with sleeves on 'em.

Great looking food tonight guys

Yessir. Folks 'round Woody's can get it done.

Dub them egg rolls looked crazy good. I got to learn how to make them.

Truly is one of the easiest things to make.

This guy lay's out the steps really well. I don't worry about and egg wash. I just brush on water to seal them up.

Frieda's wraps from Walmart Neighborhood Market produce area.

I just use peanut oil, too.

https://youtu.be/UCAfDngsQcQ

The mini versions were made with Frieda's wonton wrappers and stuffed with chive & onion cream cheese. They are small and take forever to lay out. The larger egg rolls are where it's at.

Glad everyone made it through the holiday without going hungryfacepalm::rofl:

:biggrin3:

It was a great day off with the family here. I'm grateful we had this time together.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Y'all all did some fine cooks!!!!!
I did some sto bought lemon pepper pork tenderloins on the Akorn.

Attachments

• tender loin 1.jpg
    tender loin 1.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 77
  • tender loin 2.jpg
    tender loin 2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 78
  • tender loin 3.jpg
    tender loin 3.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 78

Dub

Y'all all did some fine cooks!!!!!
I did some sto bought lemon pepper pork tenderloins on the Akorn.

That looks delicious !!!!

Perfectly cooked.

I have a pork tenderloin in the fridge right now. Had planned on cooking it for breakfast biscuits yesterday but wound up doing something else.

Gonna grill it this afternoon and hope that it turns out 1/2 as good as yours looks. :cool:

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member

Have mercy!

sanford_thebigone.jpg