Sunday What are Y’all Cooking Today Thread

georgiadawgs44

Well, me and Mrs. GaDawgs have been battling Covid for the last 3 weeks. She ended up in the hospital for a week. Got her home last Monday evening. Haven’t been cooking much but folks have been bringing food and really helping us out. It’s been rough but I am thankful for our family and friends.
This morning Mrs. GaDawgs wanted bacon and eggs. I obliged and she enjoyed her breakfast. I decided to make me a couple of sandwiches. They sure looked good and I assume they tasted good. I haven’t been able to taste or smell anything in two and a half weeks. Covid sucks!
So what’s everyone cooking up on this gorgeous Sunday?

Attachments

• 6CA76CF1-4D65-42C5-B593-ED9D69B14545.jpeg
    6CA76CF1-4D65-42C5-B593-ED9D69B14545.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 44FA40DB-3770-4276-BBFE-9DA24D6CB308.jpeg
    44FA40DB-3770-4276-BBFE-9DA24D6CB308.jpeg
    199.9 KB · Views: 20

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Fine looking sammiches! Glad to hear that y'all are recovering from that nasty crap, hope you get your taste back soon. Man, I wish I could find a deal like that on packers!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Fine looking sammiches! Glad to hear that y'all are recovering from that nasty crap, hope you get your taste back soon. Man, I wish I could find a deal like that on packers!

Ditto.

Headed to the store directly to pick up a couple of picnics. They get injected and rubbed today, smoked tomorrow.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Well, me and Mrs. GaDawgs have been battling Covid for the last 3 weeks. She ended up in the hospital for a week. Got her home last Monday evening. Haven’t been cooking much but folks have been bringing food and really helping us out. It’s been rough but I am thankful for our family and friends.
This morning Mrs. GaDawgs wanted bacon and eggs. I obliged and she enjoyed her breakfast. I decided to make me a couple of sandwiches. They sure looked good and I assume they tasted good. I haven’t been able to taste or smell anything in two and a half weeks. Covid sucks!

Oh Man Darryl!! Glad y'all are on the mend!! Prayer for y'all!

georgiadawgs44

Mrs. GaDawgs coworker brought us some goodies this afternoon. Filets, potatoes, mushrooms, some chicken salad from a place called Chicken Salad Chick with other fixings and some kind of sausage and rice casserole.

I got a couple of the filets soaking in Pay’s Marinade right away. Cooked them up on the grill for supper. Man it was good!!

We’ll get into the other stuff this week.
1619391537990.jpeg
1619391554611.jpeg

GA1dad

I went and picked one up. I wanted a bigger one than they had so I went to another location and they were out. I may go hit one more store this afternoon and see about getting a bigger one. Glad I went ahead and picked this one up.
View attachment 1078410

Great price!! Wish I had a K-Rogers here.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I don’t have a plated pic but I smoked some shickin , corn and grilled some pineapple seasoned with Pineapple Head Seasoning C3B7761A-BC6D-4427-B49C-BC4E09931F75.jpeg239ADA86-21D9-4113-B984-2EE956C547D6.jpegF085A507-8C8A-45A1-9241-B13D686980C3.jpeg

pop pop jones

Eat a spoonful of your hot butt rub, if you can't taste that, go to the hospital.

cramer

I'm glad you and your wife are better!
I picked up a couple of brisket at Kroger yesterday. Started smoking one after the rains last nite , finished around 3pm.
I ate too much.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Threw a small brisket on the smoker. Found it in the discount section at Kroger. About a 5 pounder, marked down to $10. Made some tater salad, greens and a little mac n cheese to go with it.
20210425_172042_copy_816x612.jpg