Baiting

red neck richie

Well Richard, I know what it's been for 54 years. If you have the knowledge to show us something different, go for it.

The southern zone of Georgia has shown us something different as well as many other states throughout the country that allow hunters to hunt over bait or hunt how they choose.. Whats your point?

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

red neck richie

Your freezer would prove you shot something and put it in there. By what means, you only know.

I thought you quoted someone that said us helpless hunters cant kill a deer. I don't have a problem filling the freezer as I have for the past 30 years.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
The southern zone of Georgia has shown us something different as well as many other states throughout the country that allow hunters to hunt over bait or hunt how they choose.. Whats your point?

If there's bait you're not hunting. You're shooting animals hunting bait. And you are taking a tradition and making it a laughing stock. I see it everyday. Send someone a picture of the woods, they send back one feeding un fenced deer out the window of the car. Standing by a flock of turkeys. Put a feeder in the pic and you may as well be shooting the birds off the bird feeder is how its viewed. Then there are the degrading comments about how easy it is. Either keep it wild, or make it a zoo. The purpose isn't so you can easily fill your freezer and lose the integrity of hunting. Farm.

And I honestly wonder what a state biologist thinks if they walked up on some of those bait sites in the southern zone. Most stink. Like the zoo.

red neck richie

If there's bait you're not hunting. You're shooting animals hunting bait. And you are taking a tradition and making it a laughing stock. I see it everyday. Send someone a picture of the woods, they send back one feeding un fenced deer out the window of the car. Standing by a flock of turkeys. Put a feeder in the pic and you may as well be shooting the birds off the bird feeder is how its viewed. Then there are the degrading comments about how easy it is. Either keep it wild, or make it a zoo. The purpose isn't so you can easily fill your freezer and lose the integrity of hunting. Farm.

And I honestly wonder what a state biologist thinks if they walked up on some of those bait sites in the southern zone. Most stink. Like the zoo.

My question is who are you to determine what is hunting? Ask the native Americans on their technique to harvest animals if they considered that hunting. You are an elitist. Start an elitist forum and stay out of deer Hunting. That way you can tell everyone what is right and wrong. Like I said you must be on top of a Trojan horse and its a long way down.

XIronheadX

My question is who are you to determine what is hunting? Ask the native Americans on their technique to harvest animals if they considered that hunting. You are an elitist. Start an elitist forum and stay out of deer Hunting. That way you can tell everyone what is right and wrong. Like I said you must be on top of a Trojan horse and its a long way down.

I've went by the rules for over 40 years. I can't be the elitist. I'm not the one wanting the rules bent for me. That's you. We are a civilized society now. Cowboys and Indians is over. They killed it all. Everything had to be restocked, managed, and rules applied so it didn't happen again. It's not about me. It's about common sense. Go to the farming forum if you only see the states wildlife as a means to stock your freezer. May as well use food stamps and save the WRD the headache. How a man can't kill what he needs, wants, or anything else without bait messing up everything is beyond me. On here crying for something and calling the person not wanting special privilege, the elitist, is about ridiculous.

And who am I? I'm one of those people that listen to those studying wildlife. Until they say different, that's who I am.

XIronheadX

I'm about to put them to rest from my view. I'm tired of dealing with the psychotic one that talks to himself. If they want to quote the GON poll for baiting on the house floor, some of your better stand up, instead of hiding from it. I'm done with it.

shdw633

Pretty cool ain't it...... this is almost as good as the PF.

Yes! I used to visit the thread for the baiting conversation but now it's like Nascar.....I'm only watching to see the crashes!!! :pop:

one hogman

We will get serious at the ballot box as well as next years legislative session. Count on it. They are running out of excuses to filibuster.:smash:

Hey, I finally got in touch with a state rep that is a friend for many years, he said plain and simple that Speaker David Ralston was against it and would not allow it to go for a vote, that was the main force that kept it from a vote, gonna be tough to unseat him. Prob one of Elfiii's buds:bounce:

Rebel 3

On April 9th the governor enacted an executive order for the DNR board to expand the southern deer zone. This would make baiting legal wherever the deer zone was expanded too. If it is expanded to the entire state, then it would be legal over the entire state without the legislature. I am surprised there is not a thread about it yet.

northganoodling25

Yep! Think of the young novice hunters seeking information and coming here for insight. Unfortunately kids these days get most of their intel online.

If you are trying to influence "young novice hunters", you should probably provide thoughtful and educated "insight"; instead of opinion and banter. This "intel" would be provided by this forum, which is "online"...............

DeweyDuck

On April 9th the governor enacted an executive order for the DNR board to expand the southern deer zone. This would make baiting legal wherever the deer zone was expanded too. If it is expanded to the entire state, then it would be legal over the entire state without the legislature. I am surprised there is not a thread about it yet.

Hope this is true; good way to end the blatant hipocrosy? about ethical deer hunting. The rule should be like the old axiom, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

35 Whelen

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Yes! I used to visit the thread for the baiting conversation but now it's like Nascar.....I'm only watching to see the crashes!!! :pop:

I just wait to watch the crashes on the news.:bounce:

Hey, I finally got in touch with a state rep that is a friend for many years, he said plain and simple that Speaker David Ralston was against it and would not allow it to go for a vote, that was the main force that kept it from a vote, gonna be tough to unseat him. Prob one of Elfiii's buds:bounce:

If that's the case then he's definitely one of my buds.:bounce::cool:

JackSprat

That's not what the order says, but why let facts jump into this discussion at this late date.

Latest posts