Your Preference in Pistols?

BuckHunter31

Ok ok you talked me into it... All handguns welcome. Wheelies and all :) Let the fun begin. With that being said I change my "Hunting" handgun to my Ruger GP100 SS 6". Can get in the way at times but is built like a tank and always there for you haha.

eleuthros1

I had a .380 LCP and I hated it. It was very easy to conceal, but my hands are big and the gun just never felt controllable to the point that I was comfortable in a quick draw situation.

Glock 21 is my go to for almost every situation. I do also have a Taurus Millennium PT145PRO that I like as a conceal carry, it shoots well....but I prefer the Glock.

I've been looking at an LC9 but I'm skeptical. I'm wondering if it's a bit too snappy, especially with big hands.

mikey

my daily carry is my 1911, my son like his glock 19

tv_racin_fan

Kahr K9/Ruger SP101
Kahr K9/Ruger SP101
Ruger GP100/Ruger Old Army
I do not care to own a firearm I would leave in an auto for some criminal to steal.

JLed

Kahr CW9 - Every day carry
Kel-Tec P3AT - Back up/summer pocket carry
S&W Sigma 9MM - Lives in my night stand for home defense
S&W 49 - Newest acquisition that is now living in my car console

Doe Master

Banned
HD- Glock 22
CCW- Glock 27 + I carry a P3at in my pocket most everyday
Hunting - Glock 23
Truck gun another Glock 23

Marlin_444

HD - Glock 20 10 to 20 conversion
CCW - KelTec P32 loaded HOT
Hunting - Glock 20 EFK Custon 6 3/4 Ported Hunting Barrel
Truck - Whatever is handy...

TreeFrog

CCW, HD, & Truck- Taurus Millenium 9mm
Hunting- 460 S&W & Ruger .22
That leaves me one more for zombies but it would probably be my 9mm too...

FlyBoy

HOME DEFENSE: Ruger GP100 .327 Federal Magnum (easy for my wife to shoot).

CCW: Springfield XDS .45acp (Can carry it in my pocket)

WOODS: Glock 10mm (no explanation needed)

TRUCK: Don't need one, if I'm in my truck I've got my CCW with me.

HunterFF

Glock 21 gen 4, love my 45
CCW Sig p250 in a 40
for home defense my AR is always lock and loaded as is the 12 ga...

Dub

And I hear ya 1022. It's just about impossible to beat a sweet shooting 1911. They just feel right.

Total agreement here :flag:

1911's are about as good as it gets for me.

That being said, I do routinely carry a G19 that is fairly accurate.

To answer your original question about the 4 striker fired guns..Need one for HOME DEFENSE, one for CCW, one for TOTING IN THE WOODS WHILE HUNTING, and a good TRUCK GUN.

Home defense: G17 with tactical light, CCW is the G19, G40 for hunting (G29 if I didn't plan on hunting with it).....and not really a fan of leaving a polymer gun in the truck as it gets insanely hot in summer. I'd probably put an 8-shot S&W wheelgun in .357 in the center console.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
My Glock 23 with an extra mag is on my side if I'm in the grocery store, in the woods, or in my truck, and it's laying on my nightstand at night. I have a LC9 that I carry sometimes when a smaller pistol is needed. I don't carry a gun in my truck, I carry a gun on my person when I'm in my truck.

A 1911, while not striker-fired, is my favorite all-around pistol, but it's a bit bulky for everyday carry to me.

oppthepop

Well, I'm a GLOCK guy and a fan of the 10mm, SO - CC is a GLOCK 29, Truck gun is a GLOCK 20, and hutning gun is a GLOCK 40 with the long slide and a Vortex Venom sight. Underwood Ammo company loads some serious 10mm firepower. 220 grain jacketed HP or 220 grain HCL.

transfixer

Glock 23 if weather and clothing permits carrying, otherwise its next to my desk in my office at home, XDM 9mm with light on my nighstand, and an old High Standard 12ga riot gun in the corner of the bedroom.
Daily carry is usually a G43 now a days, when summer gets here a LCP will be in my front pocket most days, unless I'm going downtown, then the 43 goes iwb as well. I always carry concealed, so weather and what I'm wearing dictates changing it up.

noylj

Striker fired?
1) Rem. XP100
2) Wichita Silhouette
and,
way
down
the
list,
3) Springfield XDm 5.25

As far as Glocks go, I have to cock my wrist so much that my arthritis flares and it hurts before I even take a shot.

My own opinion: if you close your eyes, pick up a pistol and aim it, and open your eyes and the muzzle is pointing about 30 degrees UP, that is NOT a pistol that is right for you. Then, if it also feels like a 2x4 in your hand, there are probably quite a few better choices out there.