Holster Recommendation Please

Dub

Dang you @Dub ...

Like I need to shop for another holster. Gone Warbird shopping, now ....

:rofl:

My go-to for any carry gun is a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2.

It is an IWB design that many say is unattractive.

I find them to be extremely comfortable and hard to wear out. To me, that is attractive.

Paul over at Warbird offers some additional designs that are very well made and the fit is super, in my experience.

His delivery time is swift.

He doesn’t have a website….so it’s phone & email….but he’s been great on communication and ensuring you are happy.

pacecars

I have had plenty of rigs from Paul at Warbird for 1911s. This is the only one for a red dot. Leather with Elephant trim

Last edited:

chuckdog

I have 3 full size Security 9 pistols.

Four or five years ago when I started looking for the first one an inexpensive paddle type the pickings were slim.

I ended up buying an adjustable Safariland with the Grip Lock System.

https://safariland.com/products/model-578-gls-pro-fit-holster-with-paddle-57800

I haven't looked at what's available now.

I'm partial to paddle type holsters for easy on easy off convenience.

The Safariland was about the only polymer paddle that didn't cost close to the same as the pistol that I found at the time.

I got my third one only a few months back. A coworker impulsively bought one. "Shot two magazines full through it and hate it."

"The grip was rough on his hand. Should have stuck with the XD Service Model like he already had."

I fixed him up with one of my XD's and brought it home. I also ordered another Safariland.

Regardless of the low price tag I really like the weapon. I also like the fact the default setup Ruger PC 9 shares the same mags, up to 17+1 available.

I hope you enjoy your Security 9 as much as I do mine, Merry Christmas!