Water pressure....

specialk

I have a well with submersible pump. Water pressure is down a little. Pressure switch cycles on and off(it's inside the house near the tank). No leaks. I have a line that runs out to a work shop(75ft from house) and the pressure is down, but steady. I have another line that runs to a kennel(mostly downhill) about 250 ft. The water there comes out in spurts. It will squirt out about a foot of water then stop, then another foot and stop. Any ideas?

P.S. I have a filter inline but that looks ok.

Jim Ammons

Re-adjust your pressure switch to cut on and off at the pressure rating you want. Also if you have a bladder tank check the pressure on it and add more air if needed.

rjcruiser

Re-adjust your pressure switch to cut on and off at the pressure rating you want. Also if you have a bladder tank check the pressure on it and add more air if needed.

This...but just be careful with how much pressure you run to the expansion tank. Too much and you'll pop the bladder inside and you'll ruin it. Don't ask how I know. :( lol

specialk

thanks guys....what pressure should the air be in the bladder tank?

Mr Warren

Banned
A couple of years ago - I had a similar problem at a place I was renting, and I had to pressurize the tank. There was an information plate on the tank that stated how much pressure the tank was supposed to have.

Red dirt clod

Bladder may be ruptured

If it's cycling on off on off fairly fast then you will need a new tank. Reason is without the air in the bladder the water pressure rises fast when the pump runs since you can't compress water unlike air. Changed 2 with the same problem over the last few years.