Need water for camp!

Zola049

Not sure where exactly this thread should be posted so I'll try here and see what happens. Sorry in advance!

First work weekend at our new to us hunt lease just SW of Waycross. Im taking up two, 275 gallon water totes. Plan to leave one at camp and use the other one to fill in town and transfer to the other tank once back at camp. Any ideas of where I can fill up with some fresh water in or near Waycross?

Thank you for any help!
Joe

Big7

The Oracle
Not sure where exactly this thread should be posted so I'll try here and see what happens. Sorry in advance!

First work weekend at our new to us hunt lease just SW of Waycross. Im taking up two, 275 gallon water totes. Plan to leave one at camp and use the other one to fill in town and transfer to the other tank once back at camp. Any ideas of where I can fill up with some fresh water in or near Waycross?

Thank you for any help!
Joe

Many options.

Are you looking for drinking water or for food plots and and showers?

MOTS

Thought of that too. Im a fire Capt down here in South Florida and I've done it for others in the same boat. Just hate to ask.

Well, I would say you being a FD capt. would work in your favor. I doubt they have to pay a water bill.

Zola049

I don't mind paying for it. In fact, I expect to pay something even if it's "donated'.
I'll have the tote in the bed of the truck. I got a little 12 v pump to transfer it over

GA_SPORSTMAN

A club I was in a few years ago .we had a small shelter there and I took some barrels and caught rain water to use.

killswitch

Check with water dept. I have bought from water dept in several counties when working remote job sites with no water access. Last couple times I bought, was around $8.00 per 1,000 gal.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
A club I was in a few years ago .we had a small shelter there and I took some barrels and caught rain water to use.

That's what I do. Put gutters on my barn roof with the downspout going into a 300 gal container. Works great.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Be careful with that sloshing load. 275 gallons of water is over a ton. A trailer may be safer than the truck bed.

If nobody gives you a specific source just call the closest utility company. Almost all water companies are set up to sell water to contractors. Your purchase would be very similar to anyone doing commercial pressure washing work.

Zola049

water company is a good idea. Ill look up the waycross location once im up there.
The ride back to camp would be 15 mins and pretty much all paved until the last 1/4 mile. Im thinking fill her up all the way to keep the sloshing somewhat under control. I'll have a trailer too so that is still an option.
Thanks for the help!

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Check with your neighbors. I let a hunting club get water from my well.They keep an eye out for my place and I keep my water well in use.