Eternal Catfish Bait

gunnurse

I read somewhere that you could make a good catfish bait out of wieners, cherry Kool-Aid, and garlic. Well, I tried it. I used Oscar Meyer wieners and an off brand garlic powder.

The first time that I went fishing with them was in my kayak. I forgot to get them out of the rear storage when I got back. I found them this week, and they were as good as ever. They weren't swelled up, or moldy, or anything. They were redder than ever and really smelly, however. I've created that eternal bait, it seems. Has anyone ever had this experience?

Shawn Holcombe

I never use anything other than live and cut bait for cats but this past spring I had a cousin who is a fellow cat man tell me about this recipe so I made some up, have yet to try them but they are still good even after we lost power for four days, had them in the fridge lost everything but them. I guess I need to give 'em a try. My cousin swears by them.:flag:

Cricket Chunker

El-cheapo hot dogs, un-sweetened cherry Kool-Aid and garlic powder has been around for decades as a catfish bait. Supposed to be better the longer you let it marinade in a jar. Google it and look on Youtube. Lots of videos & photos, etc...

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Does kool aid work on carp too? There's supposed to be a dough bait recipe where you mix Wheaties cereal and flour or cornmeal with strawberry soda to make carp and catfish bait but I've never done any recipes before

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You can make an excellent catfish bait out of any kind of fish or minnow. Cut a chunk out of it and stick it on a hook.

Latest posts