Shane Beamer

Atlsooner

OU announced today the hiring of Shane Beamer from UGA. Don't know a lot about him, good blood line, but did he make the Dawgs better while he was with them? I think his title will be "Asst. Head Coach of the Offense" to Lincoln Riley. Whatever that means. :huh:

HunterJoe24

Chaney and Kirby don't pass to TEs a lot, but the blocking by that position has gotten much better under him

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Beamer worked with coverage.. Kevin Butler was the man with the kickers..

FootLongDawg

Yes we will miss him. Wonder if this is why Tyson Summers was bought onboard recently.

The press clippings on Summers joining Kirbys staff did not specify his responsibilities, but one would have to think Beamers departure has to be related. Beamer is doing the right thing. He is young. Get exposure in a bunch of conferences, and sooner or later he will get a chance to be a head coach which I am sure is his ultimate goal.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten

The press clippings on Summers joining Kirbys staff did not specify his responsibilities, but one would have to think Beamers departure has to be related. Beamer is doing the right thing. He is young. Get exposure in a bunch of conferences, and sooner or later he will get a chance to be a head coach which I am sure is his ultimate goal.[/eeQUOTE]

Beamer did make much improvement in his second year. But I think me and Rip could have improved the ST situation from what it was.

MudDucker

Staff member
Follow the money ... that is all.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
You can tell you have the right Head coach, when people come after his assistants.