Orange Bowl

GTMODawg

BANNED
As of a few minutes ago far more tickets available for the game on the Michigan side than the UGA side....and on average about 15% less expensive. I would not have expected that. UGA fans do travel well though. I would bet that it is about as close to 50/50 as a game can be but UGA may have a slight advantage if ticket availability is any indication.

Strength of schedule is comparable with Michigan at 22 and UGA at 32 through 12/5/21. Michigan has a the better wins and UGA has the better loss, for what that's worth. Slight advantage to Michigan in my opinion.

Total offense is close...Michigan at 18 UGA at 27. UGA hasn't needed a lot of offense....Michigan has and has had it when needed except for one game. Slight advantage Michigan.

Rushing offense is not close. Michigan at 10, UGA at 30. Advantage Michigan.

Passing Offense is about equal, UGA at 53, UM at 67. Both are not very good at throwing the ball however UGA has only needed to be once and came up wanting. No advantage.

Total defense is also close. UGA at 2, Michigan at 13. Advantage UGA.

Rushing defense is similar. UGA at 2, UM at 10. Advantage UGA

Passing Defense is not close. UGA 3, Michigan 22. Big advantage UGA.

Given that UM is not particularly good at tossing the ball and UGA is, statistically at any rate, very good at defending the pass and stopping the running game which is Michigan's strength UGA probably has an advantage. Hard to imagine Michigan moving the ball a lot or scoring a lot while UGA will also struggle the offenses are closer to one another than the defenses.

Coaching has to be an advantage to a strong advantage to UM currently. Harbaugh seems to be doing a very good job while Kirby and company are doing what they do. In a close game on what will amount to a neutral field this is a big advantage, seemingly, for UM. Smart and company did a bang up job in 2017 however so they can do so again, maybe. Iowa has a very good defense and Michigan beat them like a rented mule....Harbaugh and company have Michigan on the rise at the right time while UGA is at best floundering a little.....

Special teams are about equal, UGA is a little less penalized than Michigan but Michigan is a little better on third down on both sides of the ball. It seems like the deciding factor will be coaching and Michigan has, in my opinion, at the time, a moderate to big advantage in that department with UGA having more upside potential. Trusting in Kirby Smart I say UGA makes the better adjustments, after the showing in the SEC championship game, and wins a nail biter by 24-20 or so.

UGA ruins the bed linens at least once a season. It was Auburn in 2017, we came out in the next 5 games with our hair on fire and almost won the Natty. It was LSU in 2018 and we came out in the next 4 and played pretty well giving Alabama all they wanted in the SEC CG. It was USC in 2019 and again the next few weeks we looked improved only falling to the LSU buzzsaw that was 2019. In 2020 we lost twice but was simply beat by better teams. We kind of went in the can a couple of times and eked out wins but wound up the season beating a very good Cincinnati team. It is in keeping with Smarts tenure at UGA for the Dawgs to soil the bed linens at least once a year and bounce back pretty strong. The Michigan game should be no different and UGA wins a close one. Or loses a close one, who knows?

bullgator

I actually read the whole first paragraph.......thanks for at least keeping that brief.
My thought on that is that Michigan travels well, but trying to compare 600 miles into a neighboring state vs 1600 miles through 6 states might be the difference. But what do I know.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
As of a few minutes ago far more tickets available for the game on the Michigan side than the UGA side....and on average about 15% less expensive. I would not have expected that. UGA fans do travel well though. I would bet that it is about as close to 50/50 as a game can be but UGA may have a slight advantage if ticket availability is any indication.

Strength of schedule is comparable with Michigan at 22 and UGA at 32 through 12/5/21. Michigan has a the better wins and UGA has the better loss, for what that's worth. Slight advantage to Michigan in my opinion.

Total offense is close...Michigan at 18 UGA at 27. UGA hasn't needed a lot of offense....Michigan has and has had it when needed except for one game. Slight advantage Michigan.

Rushing offense is not close. Michigan at 10, UGA at 30. Advantage Michigan.

Passing Offense is about equal, UGA at 53, UM at 67. Both are not very good at throwing the ball however UGA has only needed to be once and came up wanting. No advantage.

Total defense is also close. UGA at 2, Michigan at 13. Advantage UGA.

Rushing defense is similar. UGA at 2, UM at 10. Advantage UGA

Passing Defense is not close. UGA 3, Michigan 22. Big advantage UGA.

Given that UM is not particularly good at tossing the ball and UGA is, statistically at any rate, very good at defending the pass and stopping the running game which is Michigan's strength UGA probably has an advantage. Hard to imagine Michigan moving the ball a lot or scoring a lot while UGA will also struggle the offenses are closer to one another than the defenses.

Coaching has to be an advantage to a strong advantage to UM currently. Harbaugh seems to be doing a very good job while Kirby and company are doing what they do. In a close game on what will amount to a neutral field this is a big advantage, seemingly, for UM. Smart and company did a bang up job in 2017 however so they can do so again, maybe. Iowa has a very good defense and Michigan beat them like a rented mule....Harbaugh and company have Michigan on the rise at the right time while UGA is at best floundering a little.....

Special teams are about equal, UGA is a little less penalized than Michigan but Michigan is a little better on third down on both sides of the ball. It seems like the deciding factor will be coaching and Michigan has, in my opinion, at the time, a moderate to big advantage in that department with UGA having more upside potential. Trusting in Kirby Smart I say UGA makes the better adjustments, after the showing in the SEC championship game, and wins a nail biter by 24-20 or so.

UGA ruins the bed linens at least once a season. It was Auburn in 2017, we came out in the next 5 games with our hair on fire and almost won the Natty. It was LSU in 2018 and we came out in the next 4 and played pretty well giving Alabama all they wanted in the SEC CG. It was USC in 2019 and again the next few weeks we looked improved only falling to the LSU buzzsaw that was 2019. In 2020 we lost twice but was simply beat by better teams. We kind of went in the can a couple of times and eked out wins but wound up the season beating a very good Cincinnati team. It is in keeping with Smarts tenure at UGA for the Dawgs to soil the bed linens at least once a year and bounce back pretty strong. The Michigan game should be no different and UGA wins a close one. Or loses a close one, who knows?
You sir talk/argue so much you could make a Politician cringe! ::ke::bounce:

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
The Cliffs Notes version of the OP is that Michigan will win. Take it to the bank, make money, and thank me later.
Thanks. That's short, to the point. Still conjecture, but short.

LEGHORN

Then UGA fandom will melt down, scream and cry, but ultimately will come up with “Next year” and we are the greatest, and the future this and that, blah, blah, blah. #losers

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Then UGA fandom will melt down, scream and cry, but ultimately will come up with “Next year” and we are the greatest, and the future this and that, blah, blah, blah. #losers
Are you part of a "fan base"? I don't recall. But I will say this. UGA is no different than Alabama, OSU, or any other comeptetive program. All you gotta do is go to any forum based on a particular team. Does wanting to fire Saban after the Iron bowl win ring a bell? Just like all kinds make the world turn! Think of any big name fan base as Walmart customers.... Millionaires to homeless

MudDucker

Staff member

If you are running for troll of the year, you are so far back in the pack that you might as well pack it up and go home.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
That’s exactly what the OP has been doing since Saturday.