UGA's biggest need for 2024.

BamaGeorgialine

Georgia lost because Bama rushed for almost 200 yards and they rushed for under 100. Milroe still isn't accurate. Underthrew several open receivers on deep balls, overthrew several backs open in the flats, and the db's dropped three interceptions that hit their hands. That's why they are db's and not receivers. Last night was about who is more physical. Who is tougher. Reminded me of an SEC game ten years ago.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Bobo was certainly not all the problem but he was very conservative and holding back. Why do we hold back in an SEC championship ever? Just asking!

snookdoctor

It's one of those games. Anytime you have two high caliber teams, it comes down to who screws up the least.
My question is, how in the heck did Texas squirm in to the equation. The CFP system may not be broken, but it sure ain't fixed!

Geffellz18

Georgia lost because Bama rushed for almost 200 yards and they rushed for under 100. Milroe still isn't accurate. Underthrew several open receivers on deep balls, overthrew several backs open in the flats, and the db's dropped three interceptions that hit their hands. That's why they are db's and not receivers. Last night was about who is more physical. Who is tougher. Reminded me of an SEC game ten years ago.
I for one would love to see them play each other year in, year out-Especially in the new format and elimination of divisions.
It’s a win-win all around from a revenue standpoint, but I just like to see a great, well coached close game like last night!

I believe they meet again in regular season next year.

greendawg

Here's a fun fact, both Texas and Alabama will have 2 former UGA WR's as starters and their #1 receiver in AD Mitchell for Texas and Burton for Bama. That is why my list for what the Dawgs needs in 2024 is a great receiver. Just like a healthy Bowers, Jeremiah Smith makes the other team either double him all game or let him catch short passes all day and try to limit yards after the catch. I think this kid has as much or more impact as Bowers did. I know Bowers and McConkey have one year left of eligibility, but if I were them, I would be headed to the NFL.

greendawg

Bobo the Clown, run up the middle for 0 yards, toss sweep to the right for 0 yards, toss sweep to the left for 0 yards, 3rd down and 9 yards to go , pass for 5 yards, punt.

Next possession rinse and repeat. The Clown couldn’t win the big games with Richt and he’s showing he can’t win them for Kirby.:tip:

I would put some of that on Beck too. I noticed in the Georgia Tech game he missed a few open throws and got ahead of himself, like he did earlier in the season. That got even worse with Bama. He could have been picked 3 times had Bama DBs held on.

greendawg

Did UGA ever blitz in the game? Milroe had all the time in the world to find a receiver and where were the two qb spies when he took off and ran for big yardage?
Yes they brought extra guys but could not consistently get pressure and that allowed for open Bama receivers. The Dawg had 4 sacks, but not when they mattered most.

greendawg

Look at the recruiting on the D line coming in and what just came in. There is no need to panic. We got, got! We knew it wasn’t gonna last forever. Bobo called a good game. The O line got whipped. Address that first. Bama was big up front. Best D line we face all year. I’m not gonna talk about injuries because Bama had them too. We missed a FG that would’ve at least forced OT. Players have to execute. Beck has to get us in the right run play, RPO, etc. We have 3 of the greatest defensive minds in CFB with Kirby, Shuman and Muschamp. They used the best tools they had available. Transfer portal has got us a little. But we still lost by 3. Go Dawgs!!! We ain’t going anywhere!!

I'm not panicking. Jordan Hall, Jamal Jarrett, Christen Miller are at UGA and Jonah Joseph-Ajoyne, Nasir Johnson, Jordan Thomas are coming in for 2024 so far. Kirby is also trying to get 1 or 2 junior college guys on the D-line, which I don't like because they never seem to pan out.

BamaGeorgialine

I for one would love to see them play each other year in, year out-Especially in the new format and elimination of divisions.
It’s a win-win all around from a revenue standpoint, but I just like to see a great, well coached close game like last night!

I believe they meet again in regular season next year.
There's a chance that they could play each other three times next year. That would be exhausting

Duff

Good teams expose weaknesses and that’s one of the things that happened yesterday. Dawgs lines have been suspect most of the season. I’m not saying our lines are terrible, but they did get pushed around against some teams during the regular season. Think of who was lost the last 2 seasons. Can’t just plug anyone in there to replace horses like that.

And, the Dawgs made more mistakes. That’s usually the loser when 2 really good teams play each other.

It’s stinks but you got to lose sooner or later. We’ll be back!!

Go Dawgs!!

MudDucker

Staff member
Bobo was certainly not all the problem but he was very conservative and holding back. Why do we hold back in an SEC championship ever? Just asking!

He scaled back because Beck was forcing the ball and nearly got picked. This was not Beck's best game at all.

brownceluse

We couldn’t run the football. We had a little over 70 yards rushing. Couldn’t run it up the middle couldn’t run it outside the tackles. Bamas game plan worked great. They won the point of attack. We were one dimensional. Bama adjusted after the first drive and we couldn’t. Bobo doesn’t block. Bobo doesn’t carry the ball. Bobo doesn’t catch it. Bobo doesn’t throw it. He does keep trying to scheme his offense down the field with what will work. He did the best he could under the circumstances and so did the players. As awful as the Dawgs offense looked we lost by 3. Beck wasn’t his best. The entire offense wasn’t their best. It had nothing to do with BObo. It had everything to do with Alabama. We got whipped

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
We couldn’t run the football. We had a little over 70 yards rushing. Couldn’t run it up the middle couldn’t run it outside the tackles. Bamas game plan worked great. They won the point of attack. We were one dimensional. Bama adjusted after the first drive and we couldn’t. Bobo doesn’t block. Bobo doesn’t carry the ball. Bobo doesn’t catch it. Bobo doesn’t throw it. He does keep trying to scheme his offense down the field with what will work. He did the best he could under the circumstances and so did the players. As awful as the Dawgs offense looked we lost by 3. Beck wasn’t his best. The entire offense wasn’t their best. It had nothing to do with BObo. It had everything to do with Alabama. We got whipped
Amen brother Brown!!!!! Amen!!!

And I'm still yelling Go Dawgs!!!!!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
My wish list includes some road grader OL and a few stout DL that can both clog the hole and rush the passer. Also, our LB play is the most ineffective I have seen in quite awhile, so give me 2-3 run stoppin qb blitzin LBers who can also cover in space.
2 Roquan Smiths would work for me.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
95% of football offense is execution and 100%.of that requires maximum effort.

Hunter922

NUMBER 1- New offensive coordinator!
2. Defensive linemen that have an edge. The edge that shows up on the field and backs up the so called "were hunters" moto..

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Top 12 finish in the final poll next year.