The rest of college football missed their best chance last night.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Concrete Pete

It’s hard to state a negative opinion about the team that’s going to win the championship this year.

I think there’s a certainty that they’ll win the SEC East for years to come. No other team is going to be relevant.

However, there’s a lot up in the air with the NIL deals and the portal. We’re at the beginning of all this. No one knows the outcome. All the bribery can be done in the open.

Lastly, Kirby is doing a lot of smarmy crap. You can win or you can play into ABC fan narratives. You can’t do both. Football is a bloodsport. Winning is all that matters. The day you play to the camera is the day you fall off.

Last edited:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I think there’s a certainty that they’ll win the SEC East for years to come. No other team is going to be relevant.
Don't look now but the evil Vols have become competitive and I suspect at some point Florida and Auburn will be too. And then there's the coming realignment with TX and OK coming into the SEC which will put Bama and Auburn squarely in the East.

fishnguy

I'll just go ahead and say it, the Dawgs will be even better next year. The 2023-2024 Dawgs will be even better. It will be Bowers 3rd year, it will be McConkey's 4th year, Ad Mitchell's 3rd year, Dillon Bell's 2nd year, a healthy Arian Smith can take the top off a defense and Delp will be an upgrade in the passing game, but a loss as a blocker in the run game down from Darnell. Then you have Ra Ra Thomas coming over, which will be a huge upgrade from Kearis Jackson and Dominic Lovett might be even better than him. McIntosh is gone and maybe Milton too, but Branson Robinson, Dajun Edwards, Andrew Paul and Roderick Robinson can make the 2023 year even better in the running game. Beck may or may not prove to be better than Bennett in the long run, but the arm talent is there for days and he is more mobile than people think.

On the defense, there is no replacing Jalen Carter right not, but Bear Alexander looked good in what time he was in there this year. I think the secondary is where it will get much better. Malachi Starks is going to be a great one. Daylon Everette will be in year 2, Bullard and Lassiter will be in year 3, Singletary and Humphrey are ballers and may push for a starting job, but I really like Nyland Green in his 3rd year. Then you have the linebackers, which will be the best group in college football with Mondon, Sorey, Dumas -Johnson, and with the best 2023 LB recruiting class in the country by far, they will get better each game. Mykel Willliams is an all SEC player next year, and Chambliss is solid rush edge player. Damon Wilson and Samuel M' Pemba will get to play a lot. Going forward, beating UGA is getting harder by the day.
Didn't Milton already say he's coming back for his senior season?

Concrete Pete

Don't look now but the evil Vols have become competitive and I suspect at some point Florida and Auburn will be too. And then there's the coming realignment with TX and OK coming into the SEC which will put Bama and Auburn squarely in the East.
Ah ok. If they did the realignment like that, it’d change everything.