2023-24 is a bonus year for UGA.

greendawg

The Dawgs are 12-0 for the third straight year, but after all the talent that left the last 2 years, it shouldn't have happened. Couple that with a ton of key injuries, including losing who was probably the Dawgs best returning RB in Branson Robinson before the season ever began. Then you have all the guys that were banged up to start the year, especially Dajun Edwards, Milton, McConkey, Lawson Luckie, Pierce Spurlin, and Roderick Robinson. the Dawgs had to use Cash Jones and Dillon Bell at RB and they did enough to keep the Dawgs winning. On defense Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins and a few other guys on the d-line were hurt and it showed early in the year until the young guys got some experience. Then Bowers went down, and Ladd went back down and Milton had to be on a play count while he got back to 100%. Amarius Mims got hurt and now Ratledge, but the Dawgs keep winning. This team with all it's gone through probably shouldn't be 12-0, but they showed grit and came back in multiple games to win. I think the Dawgs can win it all again this year, but I think next year is the one where the Dawgs return to the dominance or previous years.

Milton and Edwards are a great tandem of backs, but Branson Robinson, Roderick Robinson, Andrew Paul, and the freshman coming in are more talented by a longshot and running back is the easiest position to play as a freshman. You guys need to check out Dwight Phillips Jr. coming in at RB. When he steps on campus, he may be the fastest player UGA has ever had and he is 10000% committed to the Dawgs. He ran a 10.4 meters with no training and ran a laser timed 4.28 40 and his father, a multiple gold medal winning said it was sloppy and slow. His track coach expects him to run a 10.0 this year and that his 40 time could dip into the high 4.1's. He is also a strong kid and blocks hard when asked to. The Dawgs also have Nate Frazier, the nations #1-4 best RB considering which recruiting site you look at. Having those guys along with the big bruisers gives the Dawgs a back is 1 gap and gone guy and they don't have that now.

At receiver the Dawgs return Bell (maybe Ladd) , Lovett, Rara Thomas, Tyler Williams, Arian Smith, CJ Smith, Mews, and a few other guys. At TE Bowers is not replaceable, but Delp, Luckie, Spurlin, and the new guy Reddell are all very highly rated.

The defense could be scary good next year with all the young guys playing and getting experience, with the one that most stands out being CJ Allen in for Dumas-Johnson. Then you have Ingram-Dawkins, Jamal Jarrett, Christen Miller, Jordan Hall, Damon Wilson jr, Chaz Chambliss, and the big guy Mykell Williams. I'm most interested in Jarrett and Jordan Hall as they are big guys who can stop the middle up like Jordan Davis and Jalen Carter did to open up gaps for the next group, which may be the best group ever at UGA, the inside linebackers.

Jamon Dumas-Johnson, CJ Allen, Raylen Wilson, Mondon (if he comes back) Troy Bowles, Jalon Walker (hybrid role), Xavian Sorey, Add to that the #1 ILB in the country Justin Williams from Texas, the #3 ILB in the country Chris Cole from Virginia, and you have a great ILB corps.

I want the Dawgs to win it all, but I feel this year is just a bonus year and next year may be even better.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Let’s not forget the nations #1 or #2 QB coming in, Dylan Raiola. Speaking of running backs, Dillon Bell is a heck of a running back too. Dude can do it all. Heck of an athlete. And only a sophomore. I just hope no one transfers out or any underclassmen bolt to the NFL.

We still have unfinished business to take care of this season. Let’s not get too excited about next year just yet! :bounce: And I gotta go to bed, good grief! :sleep:

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
A cupcake schedule doesn’t hurt either :ROFLMAO:
Sort of like tOSU's 24 schedule? Marshall, Nebraska facepalm: , Indiana, South Miss, Western Mich. :rofl:

Aug. 31 – Southern Mississippi

Sept. 7 – Western Michigan

Sept. 14 – Off

Sept. 21 – Marshall

Sept. 28 – at Michigan State

Oct. 5 – Iowa

Oct. 12 – at Oregon

Oct. 19 – Off

Oct. 26 – Nebraska

Nov. 2 – at Penn State

Nov. 9 – Purdue

Nov. 16 – at Northwestern

Nov. 23 – Indiana

Nov. 30 – Michigan

Shadow11

Definitely a great team shaping up for next year. Very tough schedule though. Possibly will be the toughest in college football of anyone.

Let's just smoke Bama this Sat! We may still get in with a loss to Bama, but we might need an Oregon win friday night for that to happen.

BamaGeorgialine

Sort of like tOSU's 24 schedule? Marshall, Nebraska facepalm: , Indiana, South Miss, Western Mich. :rofl:

Aug. 31 – Southern Mississippi

Sept. 7 – Western Michigan

Sept. 14 – Off

Sept. 21 – Marshall

Sept. 28 – at Michigan State

Oct. 5 – Iowa

Oct. 12 – at Oregon

Oct. 19 – Off

Oct. 26 – Nebraska

Nov. 2 – at Penn State

Nov. 9 – Purdue

Nov. 16 – at Northwestern

Nov. 23 – Indiana

Nov. 30 – Michigan
If they can get past Oregon then that's definitely an 11-1 season.

Resica

The Dawgs are 12-0 for the third straight year, but after all the talent that left the last 2 years, it shouldn't have happened. Couple that with a ton of key injuries, including losing who was probably the Dawgs best returning RB in Branson Robinson before the season ever began. Then you have all the guys that were banged up to start the year, especially Dajun Edwards, Milton, McConkey, Lawson Luckie, Pierce Spurlin, and Roderick Robinson. the Dawgs had to use Cash Jones and Dillon Bell at RB and they did enough to keep the Dawgs winning. On defense Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins and a few other guys on the d-line were hurt and it showed early in the year until the young guys got some experience. Then Bowers went down, and Ladd went back down and Milton had to be on a play count while he got back to 100%. Amarius Mims got hurt and now Ratledge, but the Dawgs keep winning. This team with all it's gone through probably shouldn't be 12-0, but they showed grit and came back in multiple games to win. I think the Dawgs can win it all again this year, but I think next year is the one where the Dawgs return to the dominance or previous years.

Milton and Edwards are a great tandem of backs, but Branson Robinson, Roderick Robinson, Andrew Paul, and the freshman coming in are more talented by a longshot and running back is the easiest position to play as a freshman. You guys need to check out Dwight Phillips Jr. coming in at RB. When he steps on campus, he may be the fastest player UGA has ever had and he is 10000% committed to the Dawgs. He ran a 10.4 meters with no training and ran a laser timed 4.28 40 and his father, a multiple gold medal winning said it was sloppy and slow. His track coach expects him to run a 10.0 this year and that his 40 time could dip into the high 4.1's. He is also a strong kid and blocks hard when asked to. The Dawgs also have Nate Frazier, the nations #1-4 best RB considering which recruiting site you look at. Having those guys along with the big bruisers gives the Dawgs a back is 1 gap and gone guy and they don't have that now.

At receiver the Dawgs return Bell (maybe Ladd) , Lovett, Rara Thomas, Tyler Williams, Arian Smith, CJ Smith, Mews, and a few other guys. At TE Bowers is not replaceable, but Delp, Luckie, Spurlin, and the new guy Reddell are all very highly rated.

The defense could be scary good next year with all the young guys playing and getting experience, with the one that most stands out being CJ Allen in for Dumas-Johnson. Then you have Ingram-Dawkins, Jamal Jarrett, Christen Miller, Jordan Hall, Damon Wilson jr, Chaz Chambliss, and the big guy Mykell Williams. I'm most interested in Jarrett and Jordan Hall as they are big guys who can stop the middle up like Jordan Davis and Jalen Carter did to open up gaps for the next group, which may be the best group ever at UGA, the inside linebackers.

Jamon Dumas-Johnson, CJ Allen, Raylen Wilson, Mondon (if he comes back) Troy Bowles, Jalon Walker (hybrid role), Xavian Sorey, Add to that the #1 ILB in the country Justin Williams from Texas, the #3 ILB in the country Chris Cole from Virginia, and you have a great ILB corps.

I want the Dawgs to win it all, but I feel this year is just a bonus year and next year may be even better.
Plenty of games to do what you do best. Complain about calls!!!

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
From the pinnacle of college football I can’t even see the rest of you down there. Make whatever excuses help you feel better. As the Nature Boy Ric Flair said, whether you like it, whether you don’t like it, you might as well start likin it, cause it’s the best thing going today. Wooooo! Go Dawgs.