UGA's biggest need for 2024.

greendawg

After watching the game vs Bama, there are a couple of glaring weaknesses for the Dawgs. I think they need a earth mover on the defensive line who can get quarterback pressure by themselves, or take on double teams and allow pass rushers to get to the QB and get tackles on the RB. Jordan Davis or Jalen Carter type of guy. I think UGA has the pass rushers in Jalon Walker, Mykel Williams, Damon Wilson, and Marvin Jones Jr. The second thing they need is a specific player and that player is the WR Jeremiah Smith out of Florida. I know he is currently committed to TOSU, but they should offer him a huge NIL deal and see where it goes. Scouts say he maybe the best WR coming out of Florida in the last decade. He is the overall #1 player in the country and that is rare for a wide receiver. He runs routes like Ladd, has the size of Pickens, and the hands AD Mitchell. He would start day one for just about anyone in the country for 2024. I've watched his videos of him and he makes everything look easy. Him next to Oscar Delp would be very hard to stop for any team, much like a healthy Bowers and Ladd together.

brownceluse

Kirby’s covering all our needs in recruiting. Bear was supposed to be the next Jordan Davis. He transferred and turned out to be a loser. Dawgs had some injuries that got them down the stretch. But so do most all teams. We got some meat coming and some that’s already there. We will be just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
After watching the game vs Bama, there are a couple of glaring weaknesses for the Dawgs. I think they need a earth mover on the defensive line who can get quarterback pressure by themselves, or take on double teams and allow pass rushers to get to the QB and get tackles on the RB. Jordan Davis or Jalen Carter type of guy. I think UGA has the pass rushers in Jalon Walker, Mykel Williams, Damon Wilson, and Marvin Jones Jr. The second thing they need is a specific player and that player is the WR Jeremiah Smith out of Florida. I know he is currently committed to TOSU, but they should offer him a huge NIL deal and see where it goes. Scouts say he maybe the best WR coming out of Florida in the last decade. He is the overall #1 player in the country and that is rare for a wide receiver. He runs routes like Ladd, has the size of Pickens, and the hands AD Mitchell. He would start day one for just about anyone in the country for 2024. I've watched his videos of him and he makes everything look easy. Him next to Oscar Delp would be very hard to stop for any team, much like a healthy Bowers and Ladd together.
Did UGA ever blitz in the game? Milroe had all the time in the world to find a receiver and where were the two qb spies when he took off and ran for big yardage?

MudDucker

Staff member
A non conservative play calling Bobo.

Last night was not his finest hour, however, the defense didn't stop bama when we needed it. It's not BoBo's fault that we fumbled or that we moved on the line and backed our field goal kicker out of range.

BoBo was trying to make sure we didn't make the mistakes, but alas, it happened.

Buford_Dawg

We desparately need DL that don't get pushed back off the line. Bama pushed us back alot last night. I think we are good at most positions otherwise and Kirby has the #1 class coming in next year, at least at this time, if they all stick.

brownceluse

Look at the recruiting on the D line coming in and what just came in. There is no need to panic. We got, got! We knew it wasn’t gonna last forever. Bobo called a good game. The O line got whipped. Address that first. Bama was big up front. Best D line we face all year. I’m not gonna talk about injuries because Bama had them too. We missed a FG that would’ve at least forced OT. Players have to execute. Beck has to get us in the right run play, RPO, etc. We have 3 of the greatest defensive minds in CFB with Kirby, Shuman and Muschamp. They used the best tools they had available. Transfer portal has got us a little. But we still lost by 3. Go Dawgs!!! We ain’t going anywhere!!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Every team has weak spots to work on. Bad snaps plagued Bama all season. If the coach can’t fix it time for new blood. The DAWGs will be good team for the foreseeable future.

westcobbdog

My wish list includes some road grader OL and a few stout DL that can both clog the hole and rush the passer. Also, our LB play is the most ineffective I have seen in quite awhile, so give me 2-3 run stoppin qb blitzin LBers who can also cover in space.

bullgator

I believe there are 133 D1 schools that would have the same want lists……..:bounce:

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Well Kirby will get what is needed. Not worried about that at all.

To me last night was about one thing, only one team could beat Georgia and that was Georgia. And Georgia sure did.

I’m sorry but Alabama didn’t do anything special and the stuff I see about what a masterful coaching job Saban did just is t true. That’s hot take nonsense. If Alabama is to be given credit it’s for observing that old political maxim of when your opponent is committing suicide just get out of the way.

Numbers back me up on this too. At the end of the third quarter Alabama had a paltry 191yards of total offense and Milroe had a 48% completion percentage. That is totally unimpressive. Yet Georgia trailed by ten. That’s on Georgia.

I do t get the ultra conservative offensive game plan. They seemed to have the mindset they were just going to limit mistakes and not give Alabama any opportunities. All that did was handcuff Beck and ended up providing Alabama a few opportunities for some cheap points. They should have been aggressive. That was what got them there.

Defensively they clearly wanted to limit Milroe on the ground and stop big plays and when you look at the numbers they did that. Kirby was betting Alabama could t win a grinder. The problem was they gifted them a six point swing. If Georgia doesn’t fumble the ball deep in their own territory which lead to a Alabama field goal and doesn’t get a motion penalty on their own field goal pushing them back five yards, who wins that game?

Georgia puckered instead of being aggressive and it cost them. That’s the truth.

I’m good. Three losses in three years. Big deal.

Buford_Dawg

Well Kirby will get what is needed. Not worried about that at all.

To me last night was about one thing, only one team could beat Georgia and that was Georgia. And Georgia sure did.

I’m sorry but Alabama didn’t do anything special and the stuff I see about what a masterful coaching job Saban did just is t true. That’s hot take nonsense. If Alabama is to be given credit it’s for observing that old political maxim of when your opponent is committing suicide just get out of the way.

Numbers back me up on this too. At the end of the third quarter Alabama had a paltry 191yards of total offense and Milroe had a 48% completion percentage. That is totally unimpressive. Yet Georgia trailed by ten. That’s on Georgia.

I do t get the ultra conservative offensive game plan. They seemed to have the mindset they were just going to limit mistakes and not give Alabama any opportunities. All that did was handcuff Beck and ended up providing Alabama a few opportunities for some cheap points. They should have been aggressive. That was what got them there.

Defensively they clearly wanted to limit Milroe on the ground and stop big plays and when you look at the numbers they did that. Kirby was betting Alabama could t win a grinder. The problem was they gifted them a six point swing. If Georgia doesn’t fumble the ball deep in their own territory which lead to a Alabama field goal and doesn’t get a motion penalty on their own field goal pushing them back five yards, who wins that game?

Georgia puckered instead of being aggressive and it cost them. That’s the truth.

I’m good. Three losses in three years. Big deal.
Good summation, but I still want a couple more big run stopper DL's, LOL......

kingfish

Dawgs are fine. Congratulations on a heck of a run. The wave you were surfing on finally broke. Now you just paddle back out and find another one to ride. We can all see where it's getting tougher with NIL and transfer portal stuff. On a side note, I think the horse collar call was really bad and cost you big.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Dawgs are fine. Congratulations on a heck of a run. The wave you were surfing on finally broke. Now you just paddle back out and find another one to ride. We can all see where it's getting tougher with NIL and transfer portal stuff. On a side note, I think the horse collar call was really bad and cost you big.
It was a bad call for sure. The officiating was pretty crappy both ways honestly. Alabama got called on a PI that I thought was pretty questionable. The only call I’ll really complain about or officiating mistake I should say was the no review on the fourth down pass to Bond. Gary Danielson was pretty adamant that it needed to be reviewed but they didn’t. Then later they reviewed an obvious catch by Arian Smith on a deep ball. I’m not saying they were against Georgia I’m just saying it kind of stunk both ways.