The rest of college football missed their best chance last night.

greendawg

I'll just go ahead and say it, the Dawgs will be even better next year. The 2023-2024 Dawgs will be even better. It will be Bowers 3rd year, it will be McConkey's 4th year, Ad Mitchell's 3rd year, Dillon Bell's 2nd year, a healthy Arian Smith can take the top off a defense and Delp will be an upgrade in the passing game, but a loss as a blocker in the run game down from Darnell. Then you have Ra Ra Thomas coming over, which will be a huge upgrade from Kearis Jackson and Dominic Lovett might be even better than him. McIntosh is gone and maybe Milton too, but Branson Robinson, Dajun Edwards, Andrew Paul and Roderick Robinson can make the 2023 year even better in the running game. Beck may or may not prove to be better than Bennett in the long run, but the arm talent is there for days and he is more mobile than people think.

On the defense, there is no replacing Jalen Carter right not, but Bear Alexander looked good in what time he was in there this year. I think the secondary is where it will get much better. Malachi Starks is going to be a great one. Daylon Everette will be in year 2, Bullard and Lassiter will be in year 3, Singletary and Humphrey are ballers and may push for a starting job, but I really like Nyland Green in his 3rd year. Then you have the linebackers, which will be the best group in college football with Mondon, Sorey, Dumas -Johnson, and with the best 2023 LB recruiting class in the country by far, they will get better each game. Mykel Willliams is an all SEC player next year, and Chambliss is solid rush edge player. Damon Wilson and Samuel M' Pemba will get to play a lot. Going forward, beating UGA is getting harder by the day.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I am not as sanguine as you with respects to our prospects. I withhold judgement until next year.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Bama has the #1 or #2 QB from the last 3 years signing days to compete to replace Bryce. Bama signed the #1 class overall this year. I’m hopeful but will wait and see what next year brings. Coach is doing his job.

Madsnooker

It's hard to repeat much less 3 times?

OSU returned a loaded Team in 2015 after winning it all in 2014. That team had NFL players everywhere on both sides of the ball and 14 of he 22 starters are still starting in the NFL. They only lost one game on a last second FG and didn't even make the playoffs even though everyone knew they were one of the 4 best. Not saying yall can't do it but it's hard.

brownceluse

I didn’t think we’d be where we are right now after losing the players we lost. This is new territory for us Dawgs. I do think we’ll be good. I think we can probably still win the East off of talent and coaching. But not sure we can repeat 3 years in a row. To do what we are doing is a very hard. We were one missed FG away of our season being over. To win Natty’s you need a little luck too. With Kirby at helm we will be in the mix every year. Beck has never started a game and never won a game as the starter. What I do know is Kirby has built the program to be in the conversation. Let’s just wait and see what next year brings. After all, most Dawg fans wanted Bennett pulled ins the 3rd quarter last night. Beck can’t beat Bennett so we may have a huge drop off….. One thing I do know about Bennett is he’s a leader and that’s hard to replace.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Go Gators……….. :huh:
Hang in there, big guy. Y'all fought your hearts out this season. :bounce:

2HBw.gif

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
And I agree, Dawgs may actually be even better next year. Scary thought, ain't it? The talent will be there, for sure. And a lot of the young talent this year, is getting a ton of reps.

GO DAWGS!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member