Baiting

northganoodling25

I am indifferent in the controversial topic, because I don't believe it will either harm or help the deer population (not near as much as a decreased bag limit). I do however, have an issue with this CWD and communicable diseases hog wash. There has been supplemental feeding and wildlife viewing/feeding stations for as long as I can remember. How is shooting a deer over those stations going to change the chance of wide spread disease?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I am indifferent in the controversial topic, because I don't believe it will either harm or help the deer population (not near as much as a decreased bag limit). I do however, have an issue with this CWD and communicable diseases hog wash. There has been supplemental feeding and wildlife viewing/feeding stations for as long as I can remember. How is shooting a deer over those stations going to change the chance of wide spread disease?

Maybe they don’t want everybody doing it cause they
have feed sites and got the deer. If everyone does it then it’s even play field. :huh:

I see what your saying. :)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
It doesn't make a lick of difference unless the disease is already here. And it usually gets here in the back of a gooseneck trailer, by folks hauling breeder deer around from state to state. I'd be more concerned about bottled doe pee from a deer farm spreading CWD than somebody's deer feeder.

Jay Hughes

Maybe they don’t want everybody doing it cause they
have feed sites and got the deer. If everyone does it then it’s even play field. :huh:

I see what your saying. :)

It doesn't make a lick of difference unless the disease is already here. And it usually gets here in the back of a gooseneck trailer, by folks hauling breeder deer around from state to state. I'd be more concerned about bottled doe pee from a deer farm spreading CWD than somebody's deer feeder.

I agree with everything you all have said. It’s sour grapes if you ask me.

swamp hunter

Only thing I have against Baiting is when my Club allowed it folks hung feeders everywhere. We have no Personal Areas but all of a sudden it became..You know I got a Feeder there and your still gonna hunt it...

Jay Hughes

Only thing I have against Baiting is when my Club allowed it folks hung feeders everywhere. We have no Personal Areas but all of a sudden it became..You know I got a Feeder there and your still gonna hunt it...

That is less about baiting and more about the hunting club.

shdw633

I would be telling them thanks!!! Saw a ton today!! Keep it up and if I blast that biggun I'll send you a pic, btw do you have any other areas on the club you baiting up cause I am getting a little tired sitting in that stand all the time. :biggrin2:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader

Only thing that will change is people will get closer to the feeders. You’re right, feeding stations are out there and have been out there for years.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I would be telling them thanks!!! Saw a ton today!! Keep it up and if I blast that biggun I'll send you a pic, btw do you have any other areas on the club you baiting up cause I am getting a little tired sitting in that stand all the time. :biggrin2:

What about what u got baited up for me. Guess I’ll go shoot that bigger u got fed up and send u a pic of it. Who knows I just may tag out on your stand. :biggrin3:
Eerrrrr where u got baited.

Josh B

I had an antibait guy constantly gripe about the corn I had out then he hunted my stand and shot a deer.

shdw633

What about what u got baited up for me. Guess I’ll go shoot that bigger u got fed up and send u a pic of it. Who knows I just may tag out on your stand. :biggrin3:
Eerrrrr where u got baited.

Ummmm.....I forgot to bait mine....I'm going to do it when the corn goes on sale....but go ahead and hunt mine anyway if you want to seein's I'm hunting yours!! :biggrin2:

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
only thing i have against deer stands is when my club allowed it folks hung deer stands everywhere. We have no personal areas but all of a sudden it became..you know i got a deer standthere and your still gonna hunt it...

fify:rofl::rofl::rofl:

swamp hunter

Same guy told me one morning ..I see your hunting near my Stand..
10 minutes later he tells me he's got 22 Stands in the woods.
I don't pay attention to Stands , Feeders , Flagging. All I look for is a Truck there early am. Bet I give him fits every year...

Swamprat

Swamprat
Don't you hunt 3 Rivers. If so you can have 100 stands and be good.

Cracks me up, folks in Taylor County, FL will set up a feeder and 25 yards away is their stand or ground blind. Usually on a power line or clear cut.

Do these folks shoot this bad that they have to have deer at 75 feet in order to have a chance of hitting them.

swamp hunter

Sand Hill Hunt Club.
And yes you can have 100 stands but no Personal areas.
We got old stands all over the place.

Swamprat

Swamprat
I can imagine all the old stands left on Sand Hill and Three Rivers. Probably enough to fill a semi trailer or two.

Done a lot of power line work in Taylor County, some areas the hogs were like roaches. Seen some fine bucks and turkeys as well.