Muzzle break recommendations

lungbuster123

My apologies if this has been discussed a bunch, my search function isn't working on my phone. After deer season I will be making some changes to my Ruger American Predator...one of which will be adding a break and new stock. Any good recommendations. Chambered in a 6.5 Creedmoor if that makes a difference

wareagle700

The APA Little Basspoopoo is a popular choice as is the PVA Mad Scientist.

NCMTNHunter

I don' t want to talk you out of doing something you want to do but what is your reasoning for putting a break on the creedmore? The reason I ask is because the recoil isn't usually bad on those guns and I have a really nice custom ultra light rifle that I have pretty much stopped using because it has a break and is too dang loud. I still use it on elk hunts or if I'm going after a big buck during the rut but if my kids are with me or if I think there is a chance I will need to take multiple shots at hogs or predators I leave it at the house. If you are familiar with breaks and are aware of the negatives that come along with the positives then by all means get one. I just wanted to throw this out there in case you were not.

Buckstop

I don' t want to talk you out of doing something you want to do but what is your reasoning for putting a break on the creedmore? The reason I ask is because the recoil isn't usually bad on those guns and I have a really nice custom ultra light rifle that I have pretty much stopped using because it has a break and is too dang loud. I still use it on elk hunts or if I'm going after a big buck during the rut but if my kids are with me or if I think there is a chance I will need to take multiple shots at hogs or predators I leave it at the house. If you are familiar with breaks and are aware of the negatives that come along with the positives then by all means get one. I just wanted to throw this out there in case you were not.

This is very true. The 6.5 CM has very mild recoil to begin with. As most brakes use expelled gasses channeled to the rear through the ports, their highest efficiency or percentage of reduced recoil is with rounds that have considerable muzzle blast. The hotter the round, the more recoil they reduce.

Once you brake it, ear protection is a MUST. I put a brake on a 25-06 some years back that I anticipated doing a fair amount of range shooting with. It helped some with fatigue after several rounds at the range but quickly became my least favorite to hunt with due to the hassle of dealing with ear protection in the field. Forgot the earplugs on one hunt and shot a doe. Will never make that mistake again.

If your set on having one installed, look into Vais.

Dub

A break on a 6.5 Creedmore?????

You'll take a sweet shooting hunting rifle and ruin it, in my opinion.

scott stokes

I would buy Chestatee firearms brake then buy there suppressor.then you have best of both worlds.they build there on.

transfixer

There are some linear style brakes available that direct all the blast towards the front, and still reduce recoil somewhat, not nearly as much as most traditional brakes, but you don't have the punishing blast and noise affecting the shooter.