Friday's Fish Failures

This post is for all the green head chasers going to Lake Hartwell this weekend! I would like to eliminate some water for you, by letting you know what didn't work for me. Hopefully you can learn from my failures and make the most of your time on the water!
1. To make sure you have a good time on the water make sure you put gas in the boat...yes i ran out.....but thank God my boat has two tanks on it. That's why I'm doing FISHING FAILURES!
2.I had two idea's. With the rising water and warming trend I thought the fish would start to move to the back of some spawning grounds. There were numbers there but no "BIG GIRLS." I also was not able to catch any size on my second Idea, secondary points. On the "OTHER" points were some nice size and numbers! Jerkbaits and shaky heads did most of the damage for us!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. We fished a pot tournament Saturday with same results but we never found the bigger fish. A couple boats got up in the 13lb range. Hartwell doesn't seem to get a lot of love on here so its good to see a post.