Soy beans

TheDeerCommander

they take about 3 months to harvest so it depends on what part of the season you want them ready. But if you want them for the beginning of deer season i would say right now or the very beginning of august.

catch22

Normally they aren't planted for a fall plot. A lot of guys use them for a bow plot. They germinate quickly and get eaten quickly

Forest Grump

June.

But you can plant them anytime up to 2-3 weeks before you plan to hunt them. The bigger they are before the deer begin feeding in them, the longer they will last. If you plant them right before hunting season, deer will nip them off as soon as they emerge, so you will only get about a week of hunting, unless you have some big acreage.

Scrapy

Banned
June.

But you can plant them anytime up to 2-3 weeks before you plan to hunt them. The bigger they are before the deer begin feeding in them, the longer they will last. If you plant them right before hunting season, deer will nip them off as soon as they emerge, so you will only get about a week of hunting, unless you have some big acreage.
Which leads me to another question Mr. Gump. In Another thread about Spreaders, I did a post about a put together rig. I put it together back in in 80's. No doubt , I built it was to spread Wheat for Doves. We did it in strips after Beans . So? my question is ? Not to just Mr. Gump, but also any lawyer or warden types on here. Who is to decide what a "normal Agricultural Practice is?? I got a perfect stand of wheat doing it my way and withgin the normal time frame f planting wheat. I was a No till Man long before No till was cool Because it was cheaper mainly. However , I ask, ?? is planting soybeans in last of July- first of August a Normal Agricultural Practice?? Does "normal Agricultural Practice apply evenly to a farmer who is experimenting on a better way? or a Biologist wearing a state badge and reading Agricultural Research making that decision???

I should not have "fessed up' that we were going to "shoot it" . Fessing up and being honest even though we were getting a headstart, special K type thing getting an early stand of wheat. Anyway the judge believed I knew more of what I was talking about than the Feller charging me. If you throw yourself on the "Mercy" of the Court, It is imperative that the JUdge has a broad background in all things scientific as well as emotional . Any way that was back then, laws have specified it greatly. You can experiment but you cannot shoot over a plot planted out of normal season.

Mikec84

I think you missed the dates. Aren't going to last long especially if your planting a smaller plot. We have really good success planting early may but if you do plant them and they get tall get ready for a lot of action

Go to real world beans and get round up ready shatter proof soy beans. If you have access to a drill i would drill them into my plot..... leave the undergrowth until they get about 6-8 inches then come back and spray them...doing them this way you can hunt them all year long just make sure you have at least a 5 acre food plot or soybeans just arent worth doing. Also get them in the ground now......leaving the undergrowth in the early stages will protect the soybeans.