A use for wild hogs carcasses

jdgator

Could you make dog food out of them? I have friends that pay crazy money for organic dog food. I am just wondering if it would be possible to somehow trap and process wild hogs and sell their meat as premium soy-free, gluten-free, dog food. Just thinking out loud.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
Could you make dog food out of them? I have friends that pay crazy money for organic dog food. I am just wondering if it would be possible to somehow trap and process wild hogs and sell their meat as premium soy-free, gluten-free, dog food. Just thinking out loud.
Most people use poultry, mainly turkey.

slow motion

I'm thinking the testing for diseased might be cost prohibitive.

ditchdoc24

I follow several thermal/night vision hunting pages on Facebook. A bunch of those guys sell the hogs they kill to dog food manufacturers. I'm sure they don't pay a whole lot but it would help cover the cost of gas at least. I haven't been able to find any dog food manufacturers in Georgia though.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The only issue would be the trichinosis, pseudorabies, and brucellosis.

Liberty

I use the innards from deer as natural fertilizer the year before I plant a fruit/pecan tree. If you have a real or hobby orchard, an animal carcass does wonders for young trees.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I follow several thermal/night vision hunting pages on Facebook. A bunch of those guys sell the hogs they kill to dog food manufacturers. I'm sure they don't pay a whole lot but it would help cover the cost of gas at least. I haven't been able to find any dog food manufacturers in Georgia though.
Don't know if it's still there, but there used to be one in Fairburn (used to almost get sick from the smell when we passed it), and I think there's one in Hartwell.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Don't know if it's still there, but there used to be one in Fairburn (used to almost get sick from the smell when we passed it), and I think there's one in Hartwell.
It’s still there, crack you windows on 75 just south of the airport and you find the evidence.

Latest posts