AT&T phone problems

tcward

Anybody else having problems? Can’t call anyone except folks on my plan.....I️ am talking cell phone service.

georgia_home

Interesting you should ask.

Tried to call family from my ATT work phone, on the way home. Didn't work.

Connected my personal phone, metro pcs , no problem.

Probably just a coincidence.

Grub Master

I think ATT had a carrier update today.
Here is how to update it. I just did mine.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201270

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad
Learn about the carrier settings updates for your iPhone or iPad.

Carrier settings updates let your carrier provider update carrier network and related settings to improve cellular network connectivity and performance. Carrier settings updates can also add support for features like VoLTE or Wi-Fi Calling. For more information on carrier settings updates, contact your carrier.
When a carrier setting update is available, you'll be prompted to install it. If your carrier releases a mandatory update, you'll see an OK button instead of an Update button to let you know that the update was downloaded and installed.
You can manually check for and install a carrier settings update with these steps:
Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.
To see the version of carrier settings on your device, tap Settings > General > About and look next to Carrier.
If you insert a new SIM card into your iPhone or iPad, you need to download the carrier settings for your new carrier.

tcward

I think ATT had a carrier update today.
Here is how to update it. I just did mine.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201270

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad
Learn about the carrier settings updates for your iPhone or iPad.

Carrier settings updates let your carrier provider update carrier network and related settings to improve cellular network connectivity and performance. Carrier settings updates can also add support for features like VoLTE or Wi-Fi Calling. For more information on carrier settings updates, contact your carrier.
When a carrier setting update is available, you'll be prompted to install it. If your carrier releases a mandatory update, you'll see an OK button instead of an Update button to let you know that the update was downloaded and installed.
You can manually check for and install a carrier settings update with these steps:
Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.
To see the version of carrier settings on your device, tap Settings > General > About and look next to Carrier.
If you insert a new SIM card into your iPhone or iPad, you need to download the carrier settings for your new carrier.

Thanks friend. There was an update available and seems to work fine now!

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Yep. I'm out in Denver on business and all day yesterday, my phone would only make emergency calls. Even on wifi, many of the apps wouldn't connect (like the Delta fight app to check in).

When I turned the phone back on this am, everything seemed to be working OK.