Osage bow Selfbow finished

Shane Whitlock

Finally finished . Nothing fancy just functional . I cut a small grove or shelf out just to help the arrows get around the handle. A little more string follow but shoots fine to me. Just alittle closer to primitive. Can't wait to join the miss thread lol. This Selfbow making is addictive. All hand tools except for Dan's initial cut on band saw.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 335

Shane Whitlock

Quick shots before work.... A little left today at 15 yards but getting there. Now to finish up some river cane arrows. Couldn't resist the name since it had plenty of knotty character

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 334

Al33

Mighty fine looking bow Shane! I'm sure that group will move to where your looking in no time when your brain figures out your arrows are not close to center on the bow. Good luck with it and I expect we will see some hero pic's of you , that bow, and a few critters in the very near future.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good!

Shane Whitlock

Yes, Martin I still love the snakey. I want one with snake skin all over it , but one day at a time. But following your adventures with primitive gear has been such a inspiring accomplishment . The days of being a trophy hunter are over. I like big horns but I am happy out smarting anything that could be my dinner.

Clipper

I bet that bow's gonna shoot just fine. Looks like you did a real good job on it.

Jake Allen

Looks great Shane. Good job buddy!
Those knots add a lot of character to the bow.

dpoole

Congrat on a job well done..