Santa=Satan?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Ok, this may have came up before, but I have been thinking lately how many people bring up Romans 12:2
"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God"

So I was wondering if you celebrate (non-governmental) holidays as the 'world' does?

New Years? Im normally in the woods. After dark, we go and shoot some fire works an such with all the kids and watch the big ball on TV

Easter? Go to family houses and hide eggs, eat eggs and take gas ex later
Valentines Day? Send my wife candy and roses to work with a card that says I love you. Grab the kids some candy. We all go out to eat

St. Patricks Day? Wear the green to keep from getting pinched. Bout it.

Halloween? Take kids to all the local Church trunk a treats. Candy is safer there

Thanksgiving? Hunt. Eat turkey and ham with family. Just being thankful.

Christmas? ALWAYS read the picture Bible with the kids about the birth of Jesus and the meaning. Always do the gifts. Always eat ham..........again.

Hanukkah? I will if eating is involved

Kwanzaa? Same as above

Do you keep other holidays (besides the sabbath) like passover, feasts, etc... feast yeah. I dont mind anything Holiday. Holidays always bring family together. Now what could possibly be wrong with that?

I even put a $$ or 2 under the pillow when a kid looses a tooth. They know the real deal. Let a kids mind be a kids mind while it can.

I would love to hear how your family celebrates these occasions.

Answers in red