crossbow users step inside??

My friend came by

and we shot his PSE Fang and I shot my Parker Tomahawk.

There is not enough difference in the two to talk about.

We shot both @ 20 yrds, 35 yrds and 50 yrds.

One was as accurate as the other and the bolt penetration was the same.

I watched his fly and he watched mine, both fly great.

s&r

chefrific

Have they made any advancements as far as how loud they are? I haven't messed with many, but all I have messed with have been very loud.

How noisy a crossbow or anything shoots is relatively defined by the shooter.
The modern crossbow is so fast and accurate, noise doesn't matter if you do your part and put that arrow where it's supposed to go.
To give you an idea of the excalibur micro's noise, watch this video (skip to 1min to hear shot).

whchunter

Lots

There are lots of things to think about when buying e.g.

1. weight ..... lots of crossbows are heavy especially toward the limbs
2. cost
3. whether the company backs and supports the buyer when repairs are needed
4. noise
5. safety
6. speed ?
7. fit
8. ease of use
9. availabilty of accessories

Atpruitt89

I shot a tenpoint Stealth X2 for a lot of years. Got bored with crossbow hunting and sold it and bought a compound. Never had a single issue out of it though. It shot dead on even at 40 yards.

ishootlittlebucks

How noisy a crossbow or anything shoots is relatively defined by the shooter.
The modern crossbow is so fast and accurate, noise doesn't matter if you do your part and put that arrow where it's supposed to go.
To give you an idea of the excalibur micro's noise, watch this video (skip to 1min to hear shot).

Have to say, That's pretty quiet. Not sure I agree though that noise doesn't matter with speed. And if you are right, a quiet bow still makes me feel better.

whchunter

Parker Ambusher

Check out the new compact Parker Ambusher @ 6.5 #

Looks good

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
This is still my favorite by far because of the quietness and it fit my price range. Lots of newer ones coming out but the price of them keeps going up also.

Attachments

• crossbow.jpg
    crossbow.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 114

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
This is still my favorite by far because of the quietness and it fit my price range. Lots of newer ones coming out but the price of them keeps going up also.

Do they still make them? If so what kind of scope does it have? Thanks