Where to start

deerbandit

How many people/acres?

Any of those creek bottoms or edges where the trails enter the property. Far NE section looks good too. I'd have several spots picked for wind direction.

It's just under 1,000 acres and 20 total members, 5 of the members are only in it for turkey hunting and don't deer hunt this property.

TommyGunnz

Well I see I'm a little late getting in on this, but personally I like 2 spots. The first is up in the NE portion just north of that inverted V. I would try to pick a spot along the main creek connecting the two properties that aren't yours between the two arms that come out to the left where I could see past where they almost meet and then also to the east. The second is down in the SE, where the road goes southeast from that "corn pile". Right where the creek crosses, somewhere likely just north of there where I could maybe get a shot to all of those adjoining fields. Of course if I got out after a fresh rain or two and didn't see any tracks or sign near those areas, I'd move on to find the deer.

Elephant

Go to Google Earth and set the past history back a few years before the clearcut. See what the land looked like then and where the natural funnels edges were. Bet those suckers use a lot of those same trails now.

Latest posts