Inshore cc boat

Apex Predator

Normally you want max hp, but not always. Just read a Boston Whaler performance report that opened my eyes. Can't remember the boat, but it was rated for 200 hp max. Comparing the 150 and 200 performance, the 200 only gained one mph, and virtually everything else (cruise, mph, mpg) was identical, except for the price, of course.

jeremyledford

Normally you want max hp, but not always. Just read a Boston Whaler performance report that opened my eyes. Can't remember the boat, but it was rated for 200 hp max. Comparing the 150 and 200 performance, the 200 only gained one mph, and virtually everything else (cruise, mph, mpg) was identical, except for the price, of course.

I assume this was comparing the Yamaha fourstrokes? The 150 is a strong 150 and most everyone I've heard says the 200 isn't worth going to. Almost every person I've ever talked to says go with the 150 or jump straight to the 250

Chase4556

Blue wave and pathfinders are great boats. The blue wave will have higher sides than a pathfinder. Nauti star is also a good one.

Coming from the texas coast, I see a lot of skiffs on the GA coast, which don't handle that well and beat you to death in choppy water. Don't see any of the shallow water boats like Majek, SCB, Shallow sport, Shoalwater and Haynie. Not sure why, as there are plenty of shallow areas around the GA coast. All are great boats for shallow water running, and still handle well in choppy water(some better than others).

Chase4556

SCB... when you have more money than sense, want to run 70+ across the bay, and still run through 8 inches of water. Beautiful boats... just expeeeeeensive.

Attachments

• boat%20pic1.jpg
    boat%20pic1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 365