Altamaha river bass fishing

So I put in at Morgan lake about two weeks ago and did well on bass mind you the water was still that day. Today I fished it and the water was high and the current was moving! Why is it that it's still sometimes and other times the current is crazy?

across the river

It's called rain. When you have rain up the river drainage, the water level increases because more water is flowing through it. Even if you have no rain in your area the level can dramatically change if they have a big rain up the River drainage. A huge rain in North Georgia can affect the level of a river well south of that area.

That's what I figured but I wasnt too sure. I'm not very familiar with the altamaha, but learning it more everyday. Thank you for the reply.

61BelAir

I've never fished down in the Altamaha (yet) but we fish the Oconee between Lake Sinclair and Dublin. Besides rain upstream causing high water and more current - you'll also have random times when they release a lot of water for generating purposes or in anticipation of a big rain. With the latter, that big rain may turn out to be not much or not even happen.