Got busted this morning

Clipper

I got to hog hunt this morning and when I got to the woods I got out of the truck and checked the wind. The forecast called for light variable winds from the N to NW but the nettles I use for telling wind direction floated north. That meant I could hunt an area where I had always seen fresh sign because it needs a south wind. I got there and started walking in and the wind started blowing from the west. I decided to cross the north end of the bottom and walk the east side headed south so I would be downwind of any hogs in the bottom.

About halfway across the bottom I crossed a small creek with a waist high bank. When I climbed out of the creek channel and stood up I heard a grunt and saw two hogs take off up the side of a ridge about a hundred yards in front of me. I don't know if they saw me, smelled me, or both but they hightailed it. Just my luck they would be right where I decided to cross the bottom.

Anyway, that was my first pig sighting for the year and I've got one week left to hunt this area. I guess I have hunted maybe 6 or 7 times since turkey season started and seen hog sign every time. I have found 3 areas that show plenty of fresh sign so I'm still hoping for a north Georgia hog. :)

dm/wolfskin

Part of hunting pigs. You get busted more often than not, but when things click just right for you bingo, pig in the pot. Good hunt Clip. Maybe next time.

SELFBOW

I've seen a lot of pigs in the time I've hunted this. Only taken one shot but been real a number of times. Its a game of numbers