The Fall of 2017

HermanMerman

2017 didn't start as the greatest deer season by a few measures. The weather never seemed to play in my favor while at camp. After ten years of little to zero complications, I suddenly had issues with neighbors and their canine counterparts running wild. These issues seemed to explain why I didn't see the volume of animals that I would have expected. However, What I lacked in quantity of sightings was certainly made up for in quality.

The first one was killed on the afternoon of November 3rd. It was 80 degrees when he followed a doe out of a bedding area. He proved that you never know what you will see in November... anything can happen.

The second was killed on the afternoon of November 18th. He chased three does right into my lap. I shot him with five minutes left of legal shooting light.

Here's to each one of you having similar success next year. Be thankful when these seasons happen, they don't come around often.

IMG_0413 (1).jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

Meriwether Mike

Looks like a great season. My congrats to you!

Swamprat

Swamprat
Congrats on two fine bucks.

Looks like they carry the same brow time genetics on the right side.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I'm with ya herman. I'll take quality over quantity all day long and twice on Sundays. Congrats on two fine bucks.

HermanMerman

Congrats...whoever you are- lol.

You can thank my cameraman for that. Not a single photo of me and the deer together. Guess I’ll be shopping for a selfie stick.