Best Internet Browser

mattuga

Banned
I've noticed the ones like Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge run faster than Chrome or Mozilla. Does anyone know of a browser that isn't inundated with plugin crap?

NOYDB

BANNED
I've noticed the ones like Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge run faster than Chrome or Mozilla. Does anyone know of a browser that isn't inundated with plugin crap?

There is no "best". Just what works the way you want it to.

Not sure what you are calling plugin crap. you add plugins. A new clean install for any of them from good sites does not have any plugins installed.

What is the problem you are experiencing and with what?

mattuga

Banned
There is no "best". Just what works the way you want it to.

Not sure what you are calling plugin crap. you add plugins. A new clean install for any of them from good sites does not have any plugins installed.

What is the problem you are experiencing and with what?

I literally have downloaded all browsers and compared the same websites on each (example a ESPN video feed page). It seems the older options are faster than Chrome or Firefox. I have another thread about a computer upgrade but it seems to me that within the browser category Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer are the fastest for me but those 2 programs also have many pages than no longer support "their program" within Edge or Explorer. I am just going off what my computer tells me...I think. I got great explanation from my last thread request but I am thinking this one is not so forthright.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I've used Opera browser for many years and prefer it over all the others. I use it as my main browser, with only the AdBlock plugin installed, no other plugins.

I may give the Vivaldi browser a try before long. The creators of this browser were the ones who started the Opera browser years ago, so it ought to be as good.

Opera Browser - http://www.opera.com

AdBlock - https://getadblock.com

Vivaldi Browser - https://vivaldi.com/?lang=en_US

NOYDB

BANNED
The MS stuff is subject their ideas of what you should have an not what you want. You will find that they have added stuff that's not compatible with older versions of other software. It is deliberate on their part. They no longer feel obligated to support legacy hardware or software. Or older versions of code to display web sites. When you move to new stuff you have to expect and accept you are going to leave some stuff behind.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Give Pale Moon a try. Same platform as Firefox, but stripped down. Doesn't ha e all the trackers that Chrome and others have.

Posted from Gon.com App for Android

Sargent

Brave.

Created by the guy who created Firefox.. before he got booted for having the audacity to have a personal opinion.

Stripped down, no junk. Still in beta (I think).

GoldDot40

I honestly don't have any issues with Firefox on my laptop or desktop. You can type "about:config:" on the address bar and change some of the settings and speed it up a lot.

I use the factory installed Chrome on my phone and it works very well, IMO.

mattuga

Banned
If you don't use multiple screens this thread isn't meant for your advice. I've had best success with Opera based on the input given that has performed the best of all. Thank you to those who took the time for an informed response.