Best stream service for watching Braves games?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Finally cutting of my decades of slavery to Comcast. I’ve been paying mostly for the ability to watch recorded braves games after work And basically not wanting to change my email address. My son who lives with us just signed up for Xfinity internet Wi-Fi service and will pay for it. We went over everything and he submitted his order. It’s like $55 a month including all equipment on a 2 year contract For better than the slowest speed. If it’s not fast enough I’m sure we can upgrade and he’s prepared for it……I think the next one up is $75ish
My questions are basically
Preferred email? Gmail seems to be fine, but open for suggestions as I’ll probably (not sure) have to change my Comcast.net email.
How can I watch the braves, after work, at my time? I typically start a game after work then finish in the AM. THIS HAS ME CONCERNED, but I’ll figure something out come April.

we have smart tvs and as long as we have the Wi-Fi I’m not worried about tv as I don’t watch it much anywho. Thanks for the help guys. I’m so relieved I’ve FINALLY made the leap!

KDarsey

Look into this

Vseebox
You can find it on Amazon

Buy it & no subscription. It has Bally Sports (all of them) as well as all other sports channels & more of everything else. Most sports can been seen on a replay later.
You need one for each TV but we just use one. Easy to move if you want. As with most streaming service the live sports is a couple of minutes behind but if you don't know you don't know.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Sweet! I watch on one main tv, the other is mostly fall asleep noise. Knew Bally would be in play somehow.

ucfireman

The only other place I have seen Bally is on Direct TV Stream, not the dish thing actual stream service.
I guy I work with uses some app on his phone, I was doubtful but he pulled up a Braves game live on it. I will ask him the app name.
I need to look into that vseebox thing.
Wonder if you have to pay for an amazon account?

As for email, I still use AOL as my primary. Free and it works. Folks make fun of me but.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
The only other place I have seen Bally is on Direct TV Stream, not the dish thing actual stream service.
I guy I work with uses some app on his phone, I was doubtful but he pulled up a Braves game live on it. I will ask him the app name.
I need to look into that vseebox thing.
Wonder if you have to pay for an amazon account?

As for email, I still use AOL as my primary. Free and it works. Folks make fun of me but.
I wonder if my old one still works….I had one too! ill check out the direct tv thing too. THe only thing I am in a hurry right now is to not have that bill!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I get the Bally's channels with FUBO TV.
Are they live?

id like the watch them at my control like when they were recorded. Plus fast forwarding through commercials like before. Trying to find reruns of games I guess……shouldn’t be too tough :huh:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Just an update. We got rid of comcast/xfinity but our smart tvs weren’t that smart. We bought 2 55” smart tvs with Roku for $500($250 each). Adding a few streaming channels like newsmax and motv. I feel released not having the cable bill and quite frankly, I’m glad the tv makes you go through a few steps to watch what you want. It’s not so difficult it can’t be done with just a few clicks, but it’s enough to deter watching tv in the first place, which doesn’t bother me at all!

Shadow11

Whatever you do don't get directv like my dumb self did. I signed a 2 year contract with em last yr just for the braves. It started at 70 something dollars a month. Last bill was $165.00!!! I still have over a year of this junk, and if I cancel i still have to pay most of what's left in contract.

Bunch of dirty thieves! I think I'm going to blow up the next directv or AT&T truck i see. Makes my blood boil that they're allowed to do this!

Last edited:

killerv

Whatever you do don't get directv like my dumb self did. I signed a 2 year contract with em last yr just for the braves. It started at 70 something dollars a month. Last bill was $165.00!!! I still have over a year of this junk, and if I cancel i still have to pay most of what's left in contract.

Bunch of dirty thieves! I think I'm going to blow up the next directv or AT&T truck i see. Makes my blood boil that they're allowed to do this!
I do a year and just call back every year and renovation, worked forever until last time. Bill was 107 with a couple add on included, then jumped to 180. I cancelled, they sent me instructions to send boxes back, I did, then they called and said they'd do a new contract at 84 a month. Well I had already sent everything back. Didn't bother with them again.

Did miss my braves though. I signed up for the full mlb network and it said they were blacked out where I'm at. So I quickly cancelled that also. Last year, you could do one team for 5.99 a month. I may try it again and see if they are blacked out again this year.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Did miss my braves though. I signed up for the full mlb network and it said they were blacked out where I'm at. So I quickly cancelled that also. Last year, you could do one team for 5.99 a month. I may try it again and see if they are blacked out again this year.

Yes, they will be blacked out. You can't get your home team's games on MLB unless it's an away game.

DannyW

Just to add to the confusion for us Braves fans, found this info on the Bally deal:

Diamond owns the linear TV rights for 15 NBA teams, 11 NHL teams and 11 MLB teams. But it's streaming rights that matter here. Diamond has the streaming rights for all of the NBA and NHL teams under its portfolio, but for only five MLB clubs -- the Miami Marlins, Tampa Bay Rays, Detroit Tigers, Milwaukee Brewers and Kansas City Royals.

So it would appear that Amazon Prime will not be a streaming option for 2024 Brave's games?

Or does it mean that you can only watch Brave's games live, with no ability to replay (stream) them?